“LITTLE PLACE BUT NICE”

Cuisines: Italian
Salmon Arm, Canada
“LITTLE PLACE BUT NICE”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

This little place is so cute, a family owned rest, the food is cooked to order so you can change anything you what. Plus a little bounas THEY HAVE GLUTTON FREE MEALS WHIC WAS GREAT FOR ME> Will go back time and time again

Salmon Arm, Canada
“"Canadian Italian" authentic food”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

You will notice the numerous plants upon entering the restaurant but do not let that put you off of the food. Everything is made from scratch and best to go during lunch when the prices are more reasonable, but the prime rib is worth going for.

• Visited December 2011
Vancouver, Canada
“they are trying...”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Had dinner there last night. The place is pleasant enough, it was comfortable and had a "homey" atmosphere, and there were a few customers so it looked promising. The staff were quite pleasant and service was fine, perhaps a bit slow, but we weren't in a hurry. 2 people had spaghetti and 2 people had veal. The bread was nice, but the little bowl with balsamic vinegar/olive oil was miniscule for 4 people, barely a drop really. We asked for a little more vinegar/olive oil in the bowl, and they only put extra vinegar in the bowl - not sure what they were thinking. My dish was rather disappointing. The veal was tasty and soft, so I did enjoy that, and the sauce was all right, a cream brandy sauce with large chunks of mushrooms, with a side of fettucine noodles with the same sauce with the same mushrooms. No other veggie. It was a boring and bland dish, and everything tasted the same. Some veggies would have helped, and also not putting the same sauce with mushrooms on top of everything on the plate. The spaghetti was also bland with not much sauce. Didn't hear any complaints about the bruschetta. Didn't stay for dessert. Would be willing to give them another chance, but not with the same dishes. They did have a good deal on prime rib, so if I was to go there again, I would try that one.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank reft h
Hamburg, Germany
“They do try..but a huge disappointment”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Salmon Arm is a relatively small town. We have visited this restaurant twice. The first time it was't too bad, we wereimpressed with our meal and service. This second time was a huge disappointment. I'm not sure if they changed kitchen staff, or have changed their process/end product but in short, my plate was an insult to Italian food.

The appetizer of bruschetta was literally a joke. No garlic, no parsley, very little oil..just some diced tomatoes on a piece of toasted bread about 1"x3", and for 3 of these pieces they charge 9.95?!?!

My dish was the chicken breast and sausage with tomato basil linguini. My chicken breast was probably about a 3 or 4 ounce portion and the sausage was more like a wiener than a real sausage. I know sausage, have eaten enough Italian sausage in my time, this was not it.

The pasta - no taste of basil anywhere. Very bland, not a good texture.

I feel bad, it seems like this may read like a personal attack but I assure you it's not, just want to let others know, if you're used to very good Italian, don't waste your time or money here. Perhaps it varies from menu item..but we probably won't be going back.

Service was good, genuine but the food needs work. If you can whip up something with some fresh ingredients in your own kitchen better than this, there is something wrong.

I'm sure I can make a better grilled chicken/sausage and toss my own pasta in a fresh tomato sauce. I think our total tab was just over $90 for 2 people, $90 can buy a much better meal at other places in Salmon Arm.

There were only 3 tables seated around 8pm on a Saturday night, we overhead one table raving about the food, my guess was they're locals and they're used to this level of execution or just being nice like us.

• Visited September 2011