“better than expected”

Aquatico Bay Steak & Seafood
Ranked #30 of 78 Restaurants in Salmon Arm
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver, Canada
“better than expected”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My friends and I wanted to try a place we hadn't been before, so we came here for lunch. The location is great with lots of parking and a lovely view. However, our lunch didn't start out well - we waited way too long for someone to even come out and greet us. We weren't even sure if it was open. Finally a waitress came out and was startled to see anyone there. We were actually in the process of deciding where else to go for lunch at this point. We confirmed they were indeed open, and decided to give it a go. After a bad beginning, we actually enjoyed our lunch. We ordered the clubhouse and thai chicken wraps, and they were excellent with good portion sizes. The place was clean and pleasant, and the waitress was friendly. An enjoyable lunch was had by all.

• Visited May 2013

Canmore, Canada
“Great food BUT Sloooow”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

My family of 3 went here as we were staying in the hotel and it was handy. Took about 10 minutes before we were seated, and there were lots of empty tables. Then waited at least another 10 before ordering anything. Drinks finally arrived some time later but she forgot the water, and then it was about another hour before we had any food. When it did arrive, the food was very good, and portions were generous. Having said that, the options for my son were very limited - no kids' menu. He chose from the appetizer menu and that worked out fine. Overall it really wasn't worth the wait, especially with a bored and hungry 7-year-old!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank revykiwis
Vernon, Canada
“Impressed my Mom!!”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

First time atAquatico Bay... went for lunch with my mother and daughter. Was a beautiful location and view, and the menu had more than enough options to satisfy most foodies:) The servers were all very friendly and overall the experience was very nice. My mom most of all is the hardest to please, and she left very happy.

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Keep going”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

It says its a seafood restaraunt but the only seafood on the ghetto menu was crab cakes and steak neptune. The crab cakes were glorified fish sticks with very little real crab if any and for the price I'd assume they're real crab. The picture of the lobster is misleading. The best steak they had was a serloin. Our server got our order wrong and brushed it off saying shed fix it while walking away without our plates. No one came to check on us mid meal (or at any point). She wouldn't engage in any small talk. From two people who typically tip 20% our server got 10% and I feel she should have received less. The food was good enough, but not the experience we were looking for after rolling into town from a six hour drive and smelling sewage or something everywhere. Gross. I'd rather have ordered Boston Pizza in.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank RedneckHippy
Bowen Island, Canada
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Our party was a little disappointed that the Prestige Hotel in Salmon Arm did not include a breakfast, but the front desk did direct us to their in-house restaurant, Aquatico.

We didn't have our hopes too high going into breakfast the next morning (we had stayed at the Prestige Golden for a couple of nights, and found their attached restaurant, an ABC, to be a bit of a disaster).

However, the moment we walked in the door, we were escorted by a colourful local server by to a window table with great lake views.

She said everything was good, and we ordered a Mexican omelette, eggs Bennie, and traditional bacon and eggs among our party of three. Plus of course, juices and coffee, and then several refills, extra toast, maybe some more hash browns...

The Huevos Mexicano won, hands down, but everything else passed muster, and an hour and $45 later, we were full and happy, ready for the road.

I do not think I have had such good value for money in a hotel restaurant. I saw the dinner menu- nothing more expensive than Steak Neptune at $23.95, and I be it is every bit as good as the morning repast:

Go there, and enjoy the food and the small town, big heart ambience.

Visited March 2013