“Gem of the Shuswap” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
“Gem of the Shuswap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

The food at the New Bombay Grill is fantastic, and the family that owns it are so sweet! For a small city like Salmon Arm to have such an authentic curry house is nothing short of a miracle. Prices are very fair, the establishment itself is very clean and well kept and so are the staff. I highly recommend you try their lamb curry, and don't forget to order yourself some naan while you're at it!

• Visited February 2014

Salmon Arm, Canada
“Finally a great East Indian restaurant in our little city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

My husband & I both really enjoy eating here at the Bombay Grill. The food is excellent. Sometimes the food takes a bit of time, but the wait is worth it. We often recommend it to our friends, as well share meals with friends there

Visited January 2014
Clearwater, British Columbia, Canada
“Flavourable and tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I went here for dinner with some friends who are local and they recommended it. A hidden gem! The new owners are from Nepal and were gracious and helpful with questions about various dishes. Every dish home-cooked with different amazing FLAVOURS! Dinner for 3 only $53! The mom came out and talked with us and their young daughter served and cleared dishes quickly with a smile! I would recommend this place and definitely return!

Salmon Arm, Canada
“No service! None at all!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I'm really late with this review but here it is. We went to New Bombay Grill for the New Years Eve Buffet in 2012. We had eaten here a few times since the new owners took over and we found the food to be great but the cleanliness, service and decor to be lacking. Our experience on New Years Eve a year ago was the last time we went. We were there at the start of the dinner buffet and being the only ones there we thought we would get great service but we really couldn't get any service at all. The food was tasty as usual, but not very hot. The owners daughter was working front of house and could not have been more clueless and inattentive. She would not stop texting long enough to serve us. We had to clear our own dirty dishes and leave them on the bar while she gave us dirty looks. I went over to her to ask for a beer and she said "I'm not old enough to touch that stuff" and walked away. I assumed she would simply ask her Dad to serve me since she was under age but he never came out of the kitchen. Such a shame this place has gone the way of so many Salmon Arm establishments. We usually go out of town for good food now.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Tortola
“Good local Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

My Mom, sister and I had lunch there in October. The food was really good, great value and nice service. Happy to have local Indian food!

• Visited October 2013