“Filthy”

Traveller's Rest Motel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Salmon Arm
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This was my worst experience in a hotel. The room was dirty, there were hairs in the bed, the blankets were stained. The kitchenette had very few dishes, and what was there were filthy. The coffee cups were stuck to the cupboard, and one had ashes in it. The pullout coach was full of bugs. The staff was unavailable most of the time, and were unwilling to assist. Do not stay here.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 January 2013

very large suit,everything was cleaned and they provided really good serives and with all kitchen utensiles in it really cool.even they gave free cable and net in reasonal price.This is the only motel with full parking and barbique space.Really enjoyed a lot.

Room Tip: room on south side are quite big
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Large suite, 2 queen bed, a pull out a kitchen, small bathroom. Room was not ready at 9 pm,hmmm? They were the only place with a room available on the long weekend, for a reasonable price 123 including tax. They had a/c but the room in the back was hot. It was okay.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank luvpigs69
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We booked 2 rooms, both of which were extremely musty smelling. The air conditioner in one of the rooms had 1/2" of dust on it. We found 3 living insects within 5 minutes of entering one of the rooms. There were burn holes in one of the comforters (non-smoking room), dried food particles on side of oven, many dirty finger prints on inside of bathroom door, and 2 lamp shades in one of the rooms were in tatters. After 20 minutes, we decided we could not stay in such conditions, therefore booked elsewhere & did not get any of our money back from either room ($213 in total). When the front desk clerk phoned the owner to try to get our money back, she absolutely refused. This motel is a disgusting place that should be reported to an authority that has the ability to shut them down.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this motel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We called several hotels in Salmon arm for 2-nights stay and this turned out to be one of the affordable rates we inquired. The pictures in their website are LITTLE different from the actual room that we had (well I don't know with the other rooms), BUT the room that we had was okay and very clean, smells good too. It has 2 beds and a kitchen with complete kitchen wares. Very ideal if you want to save more money than eating out. Staff are very friendly and offers good service. Few minutes away from the town of Salmon Arm makes it accessible and convenient.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank outoftowner123
Reviewed 27 August 2011

BC stands for ``bring cash``. Another old motel. Price was high compared to what I usually pay but I believe it was par for the area. Staff was friendly but I was terribly disappointed to find mouse droppings in the drawer when my wife asked me to grab the comforter. I put it over our feet but I convinced my wife that it was warm enough without it. I never mentioned what I saw because I wanted her to get a good sleep.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ljb59
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Stayed at this hotel by chance...every other hotel from Revelstoke onwards had "no vacancy" until this one popped up on the horizon near Salmon Arm. They accept pets, so that was a bonus. Rooms weren't anything special but weren't terrible either. Interior was a little dated but relatively clean. Full kitchen was included (although I didn't make use of it). Staff were friendly. All-in-all though, I felt it was a little pricey at $123.20/night for two adults (inc. taxes). But, as mentioned, every other hotel was full and they could have charged whatever they wanted.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Howard Johnson Inn Enderby
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
#6 of 8 in Salmon Arm

Been to Traveller's Rest Motel? Share your experiences!