“Tasty Food, Slow Service”

Jade Buffet of China
Ranked #14 of 85 Restaurants in Salmon Arm
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I attended a birthday party at the Jade Palace and ate their buffet.

The selection on the buffet was great and the food was tasty.
I stuck to the Chinese selection although there was a variety of western food available.
The buffet was decently priced, but I wished I had ordered off the menu as I did not really have the appetite to justify the price.

The place was full and the service suffered because there was not enough staff on shift.
It took forever to get beverages. I was half done my supper by the time I got a coffee.

The staff, in spite of being run off their feet were pleasant and smiling and did their best, but one more person on the floor would have made this a great experience instead of an OK one.

Thank Belt Drive Bett... C

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We travel a distance, a 45 min. drive to Salmon Arm and a 45 min. drive back to our home so we can dine at the Jade Palace. Why travel the distance? The food is excellent. The buffet is an excellent selection. The service is outstanding. The restaurant is very clean. We also enjoy the management's friendly smile and warm greeting. We are happy to invite and take our family and friends to the Jade Palace

1  Thank Muriel C
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The last time I was at the Jade about four years ago, the food was borderline inedible. Everything that was fried was soggy, greasy, and disgusting... and that's the main reason why I was so blown away this time around. The fried foods were universally overdone now but dry as a bone! I have no idea how they managed to produce fried foods of all kinds without a single atom of grease but I have to give them full kudos. Totally amazing. As for the rest of the dishes, some are complete home runs. The pork & shrimp (potsticker) dumplings and the wontons are total standouts. Close your eyes and you're in a good Chinese restaurant in Richmond but at half the price (at least). Who would have ever thought that you'd find something this good in the Shuswap? The industrial, low-end, uninspired setting and the fact that the buffet doesn't really get stocked at all until half an hour after opening time is the only thing that kept me from giving them a 5 - Excellent rating!

1  Thank metaungulate
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Good variety of tasty dishes. Service was prompt and polite. Good value and a quick easy lunch in Salmon Arm.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We wanted a quick, easy and not too expensive meal and happily came here by chance.

It was clearly full of locals, a good recommendation. Basically, you helped yourself to as much food as you wanted - mainly Chinese, but also shrimps, French fries, onion rings, fried chicken, etc. There was quite a lot of deep fried food, but also rice, noodles, vegetable dishes. There were odesserts and a soft ice cream dispenser. The food was constantly being brought out and was hot and tasty.

The bill for two was just over CAD 21. ( We only had water to drink).