“Simply and Abundantly Amazing Food”
Review of Rio Grande - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rio Grande
Minnesota
“Simply and Abundantly Amazing Food”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My family and I were in Salmon Arm this weekend for the Dragon Boat Festival. When I found out that there was an authentic Mexican restaurant in town, I jumped at the chance to try it, as it's been a long time for this Colorado transplant having some good Mexican food. We were so amazed with the food that we ate there both nights of our visit, and brought 8 of my dragon boat team members with us the second night! Everyone raved at the complexity and depth of flavours of the food. The smell of roasted spices when you walk in the door is intoxicating. The chicken mole and carne asada--true tests of a good quality Mexican establishement--were spot on and addictive. My kids were licking their plates and I was seriously close to ordering another entree just to try more of what this amazing chef could produce.

In addition to the mole and asada, try the seafood soup--abundant in plump and juicy scallops, mussels and other seafood delights in a deep spicy broth that compliments, rather than overpowers the tastes of the seafood.

The deep fried banana dessert was something that I will dream about and will have to come back for again. If you're looking for bland, cheesy, Tex-Mex fare don't go here. If you want fresh, authentic, hand-made food from a Mexican chef, run here and get a table, then spend a few hours and satisfy your cravings.

• Visited June 2012