“Is Salmon Arm in a foodie Twilight Zone? This place is not good at all”

Barley Station Brew Pub
Ranked #2 of 84 Restaurants in Salmon Arm
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have to admit that I can't possibly believe that many of the reviewers in most of the restaurants in Salmon Arm went to the same places I did. If this is one of the best restaurants in the city, then you should truly fear the rest of them. I have owned restaurants so I have a fairly good idea of how they run, so when it was 35 minutes from ordering and not only had I not received a bite of food but neither had anyone else in the restaurant (which was only about a quarter full) you have to start wondering what kind of chaos is in the kitchen. What happens when you're all full, do your diners have to wait all weekend? The food itself is largely forgettable with the roast beef dip being memorable only for the au jus as the rest is kinda blah. There was one outstanding dish and that is the beef barley soup bowl. I could easily have eaten two or even three of those. Unfortunately that soup is not enough to cover the other serious flaws of this restaurant that I will never return to. With just a couple of exceptions (Table 24 being the greatest among them), Salmon Arm is overall a really awful place to dine.

2  Thank metaungulate
There are newer reviews for Barley Station Brew Pub

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Just in town for an overnight stay. B&B recommended the Barley Station-we were very pleased to get in-the place was packed at 6:00 pm on a Friday night. Managed to snag the last table on their outdoor patio. Very good menu selection and I had trouble deciding. I finally chose their delicious Greek salad and hubby had the fish and chips along with their wheat beer. He said his meal was excellent and really enjoyed the beer. Our server was prompt and attentive without being intrusive. I highly recommend the Barley Station!

1  Thank Marianne W
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were camping in the Area and wanted to spend a few hours in BC. After walking around for a while went here for lunch. Food was great and drinks were great. Tried some of their beers from their own stock...very good. Our server was awesome, friendly and funny! Deep fried pickles are amazing! We sat on the patio and is was beautiful outside.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

First off, let me tell you, this place is busy! and it's for good reason. The menu selection was great, the flavour of the food was phenomenal and the beer was tasty and cold! Service was top notch even though the place was packed. If available try their wheat beer, you won't regret it.

We won't be driving by this place in our travels.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I first ate here while visiting Salmon Arm on a fishing trip. We needed a good place to watch the hockey game and fill our bellies. We were not disappointed. Everything we tried was fantastic, especially their soup and homemade bread! The atmosphere was good - very pub-like, and the service was great! We liked it so much we ate there 2 more times on the same trip. We now have a cabin just outside of Salmon Arm and visit the Brew Pub whenever we want a good meal out!