We stayed here recently. The pictures on the website looked so inviting and, indeed, as you approach this hotel which is situated by a lake, one expects this to be a very special place. I was expecting a quiet country inn with good food and a peaceful room. Not so. Firstly, their restaurant AND cafeteria closes at 8:00 p.m. which presents a problem given (1) many guests arrive in the evening because this place is quite a drive from most major centres (2) you have to drive a twisting 14 km very busy mountain road to get to a restaurant in Revelstoke which can be quite harrowing when it is dark and you are hungry and (3) there is no room service. The early closing food service is very surprising given how remote this resort is. The towels while clean were of a very cheap quality - they were thin and not at all plush - quite stingy for a "three star" hotel. The room was a tad dated but the bed was quite comfortable. More concerning was that the rooms have poor soundproofing: I was awakened at 3:00 a.m. by a noisy tour group yakking away outside my door: similar noise from other rooms continued right until 9:00 a.m. No attempt was made to locate us away from the busy part of the hotel upon check in. The restaurant for breakfast was OK - not bad, not great. All in all, a lovely looking place from the road but if I had to stay in the area again, I would choose a Coast or Sandman or even a Travelodge in Revelstoke - at least the towels would be thicker, the rooms less noisy and the food service more convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lakefront hotel in Revelstoke nestled between stunning Three Valley Lake and the Monashee Mountains, Three Valley Lake Chateau & Ghost Town offers a unique blend of modern comforts and historical attractions. Our Revelstoke resort features 200 comfortable guest room accommodations and suites with beautiful garden or lake views, an onsite restaurant, and a heritage ghost town tour, complete with 25 historic buildings from the late 1800s, an antique auto museum and a railway roundhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Three Valley Lake Chateau & Ghost Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Three Valley Lake Chateau And Ghost Town
- Three Valley Lake Chateau & Ghost Town Hotel Revelstoke
- 3 Valley Lake Chateau & Ghost Town