Three Valley Lake Chateau & Ghost Town
US$251
US$232
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Revelstoke(Revelstoke)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$161
The Explorers Society Hotel(Revelstoke)(Great Value!)
US$169
Glacier House Resort(Revelstoke)
US$137
US$132
US$124
US$106
The Cube Hotel(Revelstoke)(Great Value!)
US$70
Regent Hotel(Revelstoke)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$142
Orbitz.com
The Hillcrest Hotel, a Coast Resort(Revelstoke)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$113
Revelstoke Lodge(Revelstoke)(Great Value!)
US$97
Agoda.com
Swiss Chalet Motel(Revelstoke)(Great Value!)
US$84
Priceline
All reviewsindoor gardenround housechecker boardhalf pricegames roomhelicopter ridebit datedwi fievery summerunique hotelcanadian rockiesthe trans canada highwaylots of parkingroom was clean and comfortableroad triproundhousetitanic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2008

I am a recent guest of this property and would like to share some comments regarding my experience at the facility.

I had made my reservation for the night of August 1, 2008 using the hotel's online reservation tool. I have known of the property since the early 1970's from family trips to the BC interior for holidays, and have always wanted to stay there as the location is beautiful, and the hotel as always looked appealing from the exterior.

We arrived Friday August 1st at approximately 9:30 pm, and were looking forward to a nice evening after a long drive . The front desk agent was very nice, and all seemed in order. However, we soon started to encounter a number of issues that have tainted our view of the property and in hindsight I should have read the other reviews before booking the room.

The most critical issue is a significant one that is a health issue. The exterior doors had notices posted, and one in the room that water at this hotel is NOT potable. Advice is given to boil the water before consumption. This raised a great concern. Further with respect to this, there are no facilities in the rooms to boil water which invites the question what is a guest to do. Nor is there an explanation as to what exact water-borne infection one risks from the water. And while we appreciate the 6 ounce bottle of water that was provided in the room, it is hardly sufficient for two adults in lieu of tap water. From the looks of the condition of the boil water advisories, this is not a recent issue. We saw no warning of this condition on the hotel's web site, nor were we advised of it by the front desk staff. If we had been made aware of the situation we would have not made a reservation due to health risk, or would have cancelled the room upon arrival.

Next, we attempted to use the hot tub. It was actually not hot, but rather very cold. This was not what we had expected and our expectations of a relaxing soak after the drive were not realized. When we raised this issue with the staff we were informed that "it doesn't work".

Saturday morning we had breakfast in the dinning room. We arrived at 10:20, and the room was approximately 50% occupied. We placed our ordered within a few minutes (basic sausages and eggs). We then waited approximately 40 minutes for breakfast to arrive. At this time there were three wait staff and one bussing person on the floor, which leads me to imagine that there were a couple of staff in the kitchen. It is hard to understand just why service was so slow, and the only response we received from the waitress was that the kitchen "was behind". We had figured that out already.

The other comments on this site regarding decor are totally on the mark. This hotel maskarades as a nice facility on the outside, but on the inside is nothing more then leftover furnature from the 1960s and 1970s, old musty rugs, and generally nothing more then a old, run-down facility.

This hotel has a fantastic location, and it looks appealing on the surface. However, the circumstances that we encountered are questionable, and I am challenged to understand why a health board or the hotel itself would not inform your guests up front that the property does not have potable water, or why they would not upgrade their water system or water supply so that it would be potable. The other issues I have raised are really secondary to this health-related issue, but only add to my feeling of disappointment and regret for ever staying at this property.

Finally, I think that the appropriate health authorities should inspect this hotel. It is hard to understand how they can continue to operate.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Cdntravellr
Reviewed 12 July 2008

Our party of 6, including 2 preschool children spent 3 nights at three valley gap and had a great time.The location is spectacular with gardens, playground and a sandy beach. The rooms are in need of updating but were clean. The dining room also could use some updating but the food was good, prices were fair, and the view of the lake enjoyable. The ghost town was awesome. The fact that this has all been done privately was amazing. Plan at least a few hours to include this, we wandered it on our own and didn't go for the tour. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 September 2007

My husband and I always wanted to stay here, and did two years ago. From the outside it looks like a charming mountain inn, but we found that looks can be decieving. Our room was musty, and outdated. There must have been 13 different types and designes of carpet through the hotel and it is so very odd. The pool area was sketchy as best. It is dark, dank and it is grave need of an update. There is also a silk plant room somewhere in the hotel that must be a throwback to the 1970's. The lobby area of the hotel is nice and must have been redone, hopefully they will keep on going. The outside park area is nice, as is the view. The ghost town is entertaining and informative. The hotel restaurant offers standard diner fare, which is nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2007

As we pulled up to the place, we thought it looked like a
comfortable, modern hotel. We entered the hallway to our
room and were bombarded by screaming children, loud TV's
and extremely dated and dirty decor. Our room was so yucky
that we all kept our shoes on and I immediately removed the
ugly old bedspreads. I didn't want to touch anything. I was
shocked at the prices this dump is charging, not a thing is
included. It boasts a ghost town, boat rentals and rides in a
helicopter. The ghost town tour is a yawner, some old lady
actually drags you around the hotel for almost an hour before
you even get to the ghost town. It is made up of all this junk
the owner has collected, not a thing there even has interesting history. Save your money!!!! And your time!!!! The helicopter
costs $45.00 for a 6 minute flight. Yikes! Did I mention the terrible food? It was so bad and so over priced. I suggest you eat elsewhere and save your stomach the agony. So if you see the sign, don't stop,keep on driving. There are much, much, much better places to stay or to eat!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
9  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed 22 July 2007

Never judge a book by it's cover... this hotel is very deceiving... it looks lovely and grand from the outside, like a five star resort but it's NOT, nowhere near... Here's why...

Disgusting smell from the room... smelt like either sweaty feet or a wet dog.
Stains on carpet.
Stains on bed sheets.
Other guests hair on pillows.
Shower dirty and either burning hot or freezing cold.
Appalling reception service, including the Owner who we had to complain to.
Revolting food.

After complaining to the receptionist about the disgusting room they had put us in, they offered us a different room, which we looked at, it was up on the 5th floor and a much smaller room. The original room we stayed at had 2 king size beds, a balcony and a fridge and the room that they moved us to had 1 queen size bed, no balcony and no fridge. We accepted the room because it was 10pm and we had been driving for at least 6 hours and we were tired, and at least the room didn't smell. My partner decided to go down to reception to speak to the Manager/Owner and complain that our room had been downgraded and find out if we could be reimbursed as the original price we paid was high. The Owner was rude, uncaring and unhelpful, he didn't care about our complaint, his response was if you don't like it go somewhere else... which we weren't able to do because by this time it was very late and the hotel is located in the middle of the mountains. So we stayed. We also had our parents travelling with us, who were also very disappointed.

We went for dinner, the only restaurant on site which open was the family restaurant, which was shabby and the food overcooked and basic.

We retired to our room only to discover the faulty shower and the disgusting bedding. I didn't sleep and all we wanted to do was leave.

I would not recommend this hotel to my pet dog.

Please don't stay here, they don't deserve a cent of your money.

Stayed: July 2007