This hotel / motel was probaby the biggest let down in accomodation we have ever had. For many years we have driven by this place and often thought someday we'd stop and have an overnight there.
The place was pricey, ~ $150 for one night. The restaurant was disgusting (see my review - My Liver Had a Tumour...). The pool water was brown and smelly. When I asked them about it at the front desk they said they were suprised as it had just been changed the month before. Our room had no air conditioning, as we were told at reservation time, however we were told that each room had adequate fans to 'beat the heat' that happens in the area during the summer. Well our room had an 8" fan. I gaurantee you that was not enough. The front desk had no more fans available. To make matters worse the HEAT came of in the middle of the night. RADIATING 40 degree temperatures into our room. It was so unbearable that we slept on the concrete balcony attached to our room. In the morning we desparately needed showers to revive after an awful night's sleep. And you guessed it - no hot water.
When we checked out I had a lengthy, and I mean lengthy chat with the girl at the front desk. Explained to her that everything that could go wrong with our stay did go wrong. When I asked for some type of compensation she told me that they didn't do that type of thing at there hotel. But if i was unhappy I should stay somewhere else next time.
Believe me I will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lakefront hotel in Revelstoke nestled between stunning Three Valley Lake and the Monashee Mountains, Three Valley Lake Chateau & Ghost Town offers a unique blend of modern comforts and historical attractions. Our Revelstoke resort features 200 comfortable guest room accommodations and suites with beautiful garden or lake views, an onsite restaurant, and a heritage ghost town tour, complete with 25 historic buildings from the late 1800s, an antique auto museum and a railway roundhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Three Valley Lake Chateau & Ghost Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Three Valley Lake Chateau & Ghost Town Hotel Revelstoke
- Three Valley Lake Chateau And Ghost Town
- 3 Valley Lake Chateau & Ghost Town