“Meh... that sums it up” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Frontier Motel

Frontier Motel
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Revelstoke
Vancouver
“Meh... that sums it up”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

I stayed here 2 nights at a rate of about $80. The rooms are quite small but adequate if you just need a place to sleep and shower. The decor is certainly dated (70's) and the building itself seems a little rickety, but the room was adequately clean. My room had cable TV, AC, and a mini-fridge. With the fan running overnight, I didn't hear any highway or train noise. I'm not sure about internet or the restaurant but I peeked in around 7pm and it was completely empty and thats generally not a good sign.

For $80 it was about average - no major problems, but not outstanding either.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
prince george
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

My husband decided to "wing" our travel from Vancouver Island to Calgary so I did not book a hotel in between. We discouvered trying to find a hotel in the shuswap, kootney region that is pet friendly on the Aug long weekend is a bit difficult. We were tired and it was late and this was the only place with space available. It would not be the usual place I would ever stay. The rooms are old and the floor squeaked and it is not all that soundproof, but the staff were nice and the sheets were clean. The shower had good pressure. It was cheap - only $86 for the night and they gave you a coupon for $4.00 off breakfast at the restaurant. Our neighbors were quiet so that was good, otherwise we would have heard everything.

If you are stuck or are looking for a budget hotel this one is not bad

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wantingsomesunshine
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

I lucked into this motel at the end of a long day driving through the Rockies. It's very cute - as is the onsite restaurant. The rates were reasonable and the room was comfortable. Location-wise it couldn't be beat. It's right on the highway, but protected from the noise because the restaurant is between the hotel and the road. It is within easy walking distance of downtown Revelstoke and also within easy walking distance of the local Tim Hortons. The only reason I knocked down the rooms is that mine was quite small and the only reason I knocked down the service is because they originally gave me a key for the wrong room. Otherwise it was a great experience.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank somegalfromcan
calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2010

We drove from Calgary through Revelstoke and up to Prince George and back all in one long weekend. We don't leave home without our dogs, and they're quite big, so our priority was finding dog-friendly cheap places to stay when we got tired of driving. This is such a place. The rooms are tiny, but we found it comfortable and warm. The restaurant had good/big food and good prices. The room even with the dog fee was still really cheap and I found the bed quite comfortable. We plan to stay here again on our next pass through town. It's not modern and it's not luxurious, but it is affordable and it is a good place for people who can't part from their pets!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank raptorjesus
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2009

After a long day in the saddle( we had driven from Calgary heading west) and were a bit pooped, needed fed and watered and bedded!

It looked a bit rustic, but needs must. We signed in at the gas station, we asked whether the rooms had coffee making facilities and internet. After handing over our visa we asked whether we needed a code for the internet. we haven't got internet he replied.

When we got to the room we found no coffee maker either. There were cigarette burns on the quilt, the ac unit was 6ins from the bed. The room was cosy, realtor speak for tiny. The shower unit control was hanging off the wall when you operated it.

Can't complain about the restaurant.

However, what left a bitter taste was that I looked up their website later. It boasted sat tv, we got no more than 4 channels, which I don't think were satelite. A discount voucher for the restaurant, I wasn't offered this. Also any golfers out there, there was also the chance of 9 holes for free ( sorry, I wouldn't taken them up on this if they paid me!)

So to sum up, if you arrive in the middle of the night and need a bed, I would still not stay here again. Also as we found out in the morning as we left, 5 mins down the road were about 4 better looking motels!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple