“Very good”

Powder Pillow Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 20 Revelstoke B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We had a 1 night stay here and everything was perfect. I really loved the patio and the BBQ. I can really recomend this place. The shower was awesome.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 August 2011

This is a great B&B - gorgeous setting and has a very comfortable feel to it. The luxurious shower and nice leather couches along with the full kitchen make you not want to leave the suite! Having the patio and BBQ on the private deck make dinners convenient - would love to stay again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My husband and I were driving through BC and decided to stay a night in Revelstoke. Luckily, the Powder Pillow had an opening. The suite has it's own private entrance and covered parking stall. It was tastefully appointed with a small kitchenette, living room, bedroom and a luxurious bathroom with a fantastic shower.
The best part of staying in a B&B is the recommendations from the hosts and they didn't disappoint with dinner at the Village Idiot - just what we were looking for, a casual, fun dinner.
I saw another comment about the lack of breakfast - there were individual cereal boxes and oatmeal in the cupboards as well as fresh bread, OJ, milk and fruit. The simple breakfast was enough for us.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JJReid1030
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We thought this was an excellent place to stay, facilities were great, easy to find, well located part way between the ski hill and town.

However, i'm confused, doesn't a B&B mean you get breakfast? We arrived in the evening, and nothing was said about breakfast the next morning. Because I was tired I forgot to ask. Ten in the morning...nothing. I wasn't sure what to do, so we just bailed and went into town.

It's a great place, may should just be renamed a guesthouse...

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
PowderPillow, Owner at Powder Pillow Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

Thanks for the review. I am sorry that you did not get what you were expecting with regards to breakfast in our suite. We do not offer a hot breakfast, but we do stock the kitchenette with continental breakfast supplies. I do my best to inform guests of how we operate when bookings are made, and I apologize for not making this clear when you booked our suite. Next time you stay with us, please knock on our door if you have any questions. I would have been happy to make you some breakfast if I knew that was what you were expecting!

We hope to have you stay with us again next time you pass through Revelstoke.

Reviewed 22 June 2011

We're a family of 4 adults on a Canada road trip and this was the wildcard choice out of the otherwise solid 4 star hotel resorts we booked. And are we glad we chose Powder Pillow!

It's not a traditional B&B in the sense that it is a large one bedroom apartment annex to the main house with a separate entrance, but totally noise proof during our stay. Whilst the B&B's website and the prior glowing reviews here gave me comfort, I certainly didn't expect the owner's genuine friendliness and the overall luxurious accommodation we were presented with.

We arrived earlier than planned and caught the owner about to head out, but she graciously showed us the accommodation and provided WiFi login. We parked up in the covered porch and headed up to the decking and entrance to the annex. The kitchen/diner area is huge and has high ceilings to provide an additional sense of space. I was worried that we'd feel crammed with parents in the bedroom and us on the sofa bed. But there was plenty of space to unpack (doored hanging closet in the main living area, double wardrobe and double drawer in the bedroom). Once the sofa-bed was out (very easy to pull out and owners were considerate enough to put a foam mattress topper to increase comfort), there was still enough room for the 4 of us to hang around the dining area and the outside porch.

The sofabed was very comfortable, I nearly forgot I was not on a regular bed when I woke up in the morning. Parents enjoyed their sleep on the proper bed, so no complaints there.

Bathroom belonged in a 5* hotel! Luxurious, spacious and plenty of fluffy towels. L'Occitane bath products were provided for those who forgot their own shampoo/ conditioner/ body wash. The large walk-in shower had good pressure and plentiful hot water. Although we didn't use it, there was heated flooring for the winter.

The guestbook within the B&B had owner recommendations for a couple of restaurants in town and the 'Village Idiot' restaurant proved to be a great choice.

The best thing for us was that we weren't restricted by breakfast hours as with other B&B's in the morning. A continental breakfast is stocked in the kitchenette which if I remember correctly consisted of a loaf of wholemeal bread, butter, variety of mini pots of jams, peanut butter pouches, yoghurt, about 1 litre of milk, cereals, carton of orange juice and a variety of normal and green teabags, coffee and hot chocolate. A full fruit basket was also provided on the dining table. We were staggered by the breakfast items provided and obviously couldn't eat through the mountain of food!

We were sad to leave and will definitely let our friends and family know about this gem in Revelstoke. Especially as when we drive 5 mins into Revelstoke town and saw the pitiful quality of motel/hotels in comparison within the same price bracket.

Thank you, Nicole, for an amazing stay. And especially for being unintrusive, but available when needed.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank hellobayo
Reviewed 6 February 2011

Nothing to complain about, here! The 'cabin' is a neat 1-bedroom suite attached to the main house. Decor is simple, functional, and tasteful. The bed is quite comfortable, and the sofa bed drew no complaints. Breakfast foods are stocked in the kitchenette-- fruit, bread, boxed cereals, yogurt, local milk, tea, coffee (incl. decaf!) and hot chocolate powder, all good.
The cabin has a covered parking spot, and wi-fi Internet access. One feature that may present problems to certain travellers is that the suite is up a flight of stairs. It's a quiet location on the edge of town (only 5 minutes by car to the center). The hosts, Nicole and Dave are very friendly and hospitable. It's worth noting that they cheerfully made special care for a guest with a food allergy.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank traveloger21
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I booked a last-minute stay at Powder Pillow for my drive home from Vancouver to Edmonton. Nicole happened to have an opening that night, and it worked out perfectly. From her tour of the apartment to my hot spa-like shower after a long drive, to a wonderful sleep in a clean and cozy room and complete with breakfast the next morning and getting to hang out a bit with Nicole and her adorable little boy, it was a wonderful experience. I even got to check out a movie at the local theatre and have a drink at a local hangout, getting a real flavour for little Revelstoke :) I'm not a winter sports person, but my husband saw the website and can't wait to book a couple of nights there for a ski weekend sometime soon!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business