“Best Après! Welcoming environment for 1, 2 or groups!”
Review of Benoit's Wine Bar - CLOSED

Benoit's Wine Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: Wine Bar, French, European, Canadian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: European style wine bar with over 20 wines by the glass, local beer, scotches, and liquors. We have cheese & meat platter, tapas, live music and special events throughout the week. Check-out our website for more details.
Canmore, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Après! Welcoming environment for 1, 2 or groups!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Staff were so warm and I was quickly at ease even though I went in alone and sat at the elegant bar. It is a classy yet casual ambiance where anyone can fit in. I noticed that a lot of sporty funky locals were there. Excellent selection of wines, beer and cider. Food was delicious and very reasonably priced for the good quality. I have been back many times since the first visit to enjoy my favorite crepes both sweet and savory types. Excellent prices! Also a must is the homemade fondue. What could be better after a day of skiing!? Don't think this is only a winter establishment, Benoits has a beautiful peaceful patio in the back of the building and they make killer Sangria's! Benoits wine bar is part of Revelstoke's culture and I would strongly recommend it.

• Visited April 2014

Rouyn-Noranda, Canada
“Smart and accessible”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

First things first: wine is really expensive in Canada compare to the rest of the world. This is a fact. So nobody can expect a wine bar to be "cheap". That being said, the owner (which is really accessible and welcoming) offer a wide variety of wine: the "best of the basic" to the really good french wine. I didn't actually tried the food, but I will do in my next trip in Revelstoke cause I will definetly explore this bar for a second time.

• Visited December 2013
Hong Kong
“2 visits and both good”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Had 2 meals here including New Year's Eve - enjoyed both. The food was excellent as was the wine. The first night things were a bit quiet but the service was excellent along with the food so it wasn't an issue. For New Year we had a really good set 5 course menu and again the service was impeccable. This place is definitely a little more chilled out than the Village Idiot or Last Drop and has a nice menu to boot. Recommended

Visited January 2014
Revelstoke, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“French flavours”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

A lovely downtown wine bar offering an amazing cheese fondu, late night crepes, live music and a large variety of wine, port, bourbon.

Visited February 2013
Vancouver, BC
“A little bit of Paris in the heart of BC”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

What a find this little French bistro is. The food was authentic French - try the quiche! Benoit's charming sister was there and gave us great service and lots of good stories. We were very impressed with the simplicity of everything. Everything we tried was exceptional. I felt as though I'd gone back to Provence for the evening. Well done!

• Visited August 2013