“Great hotel, good rate, awesome pool design”

Sandman Hotel Revelstoke
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Revelstoke
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Hi, Needed a bed to crash and called the Sandman Inn. I stopped at revelstoke and they had this massive hotel with lots of buildings, so they gave me a map and I dound my way pretty quick. Room was descent as I expected. My son is a swimming fish, so we headed over to the pool... it was one of the nicest designed pools I have seen. Not a lap pool, but tempeture was great, it was dog legged shape and long enough for you to swim back and forth and get a good workout and relax. Some rooms connected directly. We didn't get one of those, but my room was less than one minute. What a neat place. well located. The lady at the front desk informed me of the town events... music until 9:30 pm... I appreciate it her diligence. I was too tired since I had been driving for over 7 hours.
Hotel seems well run. Very efficient. Staff at front desk were efficient and check out took less than a minute. Express check out was offered, same as wiFi. I love when hotels simply offer things most people need, s once you check in, you don't need to call back over and over. I find Sandman Inns, very consistent this way. Their service is good and the rooms are nice. Not luxury, but good.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2011

During a long drive home we decided to spend the night in Revelstoke to break up the drive. The lobby is beautiful and the pool area is nice. Unfortunately there was the distinct odor of urine in our room and even though we had the housekeepers spray some air freshener in the area we thought it was coming from, it was still strong.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 14 May 2011

No complaints at all about this hotel. Room was great, beds comfortable and services as to be expected. The swimming pool was also fantastic and one of the warmest we have found. Would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2011

We put up at this hotel for a night on our long road trip to Vancouver. The staff was friendly and professional. The room was clean and the decor was what you would expect from a 3-4 star hotel. There was also a kitchenette (with microwave, plates, utensils). Everything was working. There were TWO indoor pools with a decent-sized fitness center. There was also a 24-hour Denny's next door. It is right off Highway-1 so the location was convenient. The rooms were arranged in a motel-style (i.e. two-story blocks). Obviously we could hear people talking when they were walking outside the room etc but hey, my advice is always put on a pair of ear plus when you sleep at any hotel and it will be alright! Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Stopped in on a cross-country trip from Vancouver to Winnipeg. Not a bad place, I was surprised to find out that it was actually a Motel but that didn't bother me too much. The room was clean, LCD TV and the mattress was amazing. The location was perfect for me, right on the highway with a McDonald's and Tim Horton's and Shell gas station right across the street. There was a all-in-one kitchen device in my room. Gives you a kitchen sink, two burners and a fridge which is really convenient for longer stays as you could cook for yourself. It is a two building complex (I think that a hotel went out of business and they bought the other building). Each with there own pool and sauna that I did not get the time to try out. Rooms were well soundproofed. Lady at the front desk was pleasant and very helpful. The 24-hour Denny's on location is nice and they have room service at certain hours. Free High Speed internet reached my room well and had amazing speed to what I am use to getting from Hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a drive up room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2011

We visited Revelstoke as the last section of our skiing trip arriving by Greyhound Bus from Kamloops.

The Sandman is an enormous establishment that looks like it was probably built in the 80's. It has been set up pretty much with drivers in mind so if you don't have a vehicle I would recommend staying somewhere else closer to town. There is a shuttle that takes you to Revelstoke Resort - the last one leaving in the morning at about 9.40am and you can get one back from 2pm til 4. This service is free at present but we heard that there will be a charge next year, covered by your ski lift pass.

The staff are reasonably detached though some are quite friendly. Not much information is offered; you need to ask. There is free wi-fi and 2 internet computers in the main lobby downstairs. There are several heated pools which seemed to be well utilised. The hotel, for its enormous size is reasonably quiet, the heating system very effective and if you get too hot you can open up windows.

The hotel wasn't built with skiers/boarders in mind and equipment has to be stored in your room.

Rooms are reasonably spacious and look like they have been given a bit of a spruce up to cater for the winter sport market in recent times but it is not enough. They lack atmosphere and are not very welcoming.

Definitely, do not stay here if you don't have car. Look at Trip Adviser and make a selection closer to town. I wouldn't recommend staying on the mountain either if you are without a vehicle as you are pretty much stranded up there with limited facilities. Do your homework, find a good hotel in the heart of the town and take the shuttle up each day and if you want a break from skiing, there are plenty of charming restaurants and cafes to enjoy!

Also, for ski/board hire I recommend Aaron at Powder Rentals. If you book 3 days out you get a 20% discount. I had to return my skis earlier and he would have given me a total refund - no questions asked. Excellent service and lots to choose from on the "powder" front.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FarflungEddie
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Basic, but spacious rooms. The rooms are clean, but are in need for some renovation. We had a room in an adjacent building, with a nice indoor-swimming pool. The wireless internet wasn’t always working. The Denny’s restaurant situated in the same building was great.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family