“Nice Rooms on our Short Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandman Hotel Revelstoke

Sandman Hotel Revelstoke
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Revelstoke
Vancouver
“Nice Rooms on our Short Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stopped in Revelstoke on our way to Edmonton. The hotel is simple but thoughtful. Good service, competitive rate and lots of conveniences. Loved the Keurig coffee in the lobby. I`d stay here again as an overnight hotel on my journey to or from Alberta.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kimberley, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

We weren't sure about the Sandman, looking at it's overall placing on Trip Advisor but when the BW, next door was substantially more expensive we decided to give it a try. We were very glad we did. From the warm greeting at the front desk to the upgraded, clean, modern room and comfy beds at a reasonable price (for Revelstoke) we were very pleased with our stay. There was no breakfast but I think that was reflected in the price. We would have given it a 5 out of 5 if there had been real cream or milk with the coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

I booked a 4 day stay and ski spring package for 1st week in April. The room was good value for price and exceeded my expectations. On the first day of skiing I broke my leg - not the hotel's fault. The staff sprung into action. The Manager filled my prescription at the local pharmacy and deliverd the medications to my room. Another staff person assisted me at the door and made sure that I had acccess to everything that I needed. I was able to get a flight out the next day and hotel staff packed my bags, loaded the car and arranged for transportation back to Kelowna. I was traveling alone and the staff made it possible for me to depart in a timely way and looked after my every need. In the words of the terminator - I will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Vermilion
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

We only stayed one night on a return trip home. When we first checked in we were placed into a wing of the hotel that was under renovation. You could smell the dry wall dust, see the contruction work. Also you could smell, we think, mildew. The first room had some serious damage to it so we requested a move. It took about 30 minutes and we were relocated back to the "main" building behine the front desk. This was after someone came to check our concerns about the first room, told us we were being moved and how to get there. No offer to reload our stuff or move it to the new room (we are seniors).

The new room was nice, clean but still in need of some updating, but it was only one night so we stayed as it was going to be an early morning.

Not connected to the hotel - we had difficulty on a Friday evening to find a decent place to eat in town. While there is a Denny's attached to the hotel we wanted something different than fast food or Asian. We settled on one downtown but it was overpriced food that was probably COSTCO food.

Room Tip: until the renovations are done, ask to stay in the main building. Also watch where you park, you can...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gordon B, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
It is true that we are currently renovating our Hotel and have been for several months now. We are trying to manage the situation so as not to interfere with our current guests and for the most part we have been able to accomplish this but I am sorry to hear that this didn’t happen in your case. It would help me and future guests if you contacted me directly so I can find out why this happened.
On a positive note we are getting ready to unveil some of our new guest rooms and they are stunning. We will be doing all of our guest rooms in the South Building and then going back and putting some more updates to our rooms in the North Building. We have finished most of our public areas as well. We really are striving to provide you our guests with a much improved product.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It helps us to get “a little better every day”.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

My husband and I drove from Vancouver to Banff, Alberta. We needed to place to stay for a nite after a long drive. Sandman was in superb location with very helpful staff escpially the lady at the front desk. She offered us to park our car in a disabled parking lot right infront of the hotel so they can keep an eye on our car as we have so many stuff in the car..

The room was good and clean overlooking the mountain with small kitchen. I would definitely recommend this hotel with my friends and relatives.

Room Tip: get a room facing the mountain it's quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gordon B, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you for the kind words about the service you received from the Guest Service Agent and the quality of the Hotel. What a great way to start a Monday!
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

Front desk staff went out of their way to help. Very hospitable.
They had a good ski and stay rate ($150+tax for a single lift ticket and one night stay) for singles, which is rare. Most ski and stay packages at other hotels are based on double occupancy, which doesn't help me!
Rooms were average. Nice beds, fridge smelled musty and needed a good cleaning.
Hot tub was a good temperature, great after a day on the hill.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Elle M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Came here for business for one night reserved a two queen room was given a one queen room the room smelled funky which upset my tummy it was dark and icky atleast the bathroom was clean but when I called and asked about our room switch I was told that the room I requested was sold out and in future I should book a week in advance the nature of my business is Last Minute and I paid more for a cheap [--] room not happy not impressed will not come back here unless I absolutely have to :-(

So far off to a not a happy start

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Gordon B, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
We appreciate the feedback of our guests as it helps us to avoid this type of situation in the future and we need your help to improve. I wouldn’t like a room that smells funky either and we certainly have ways to correct that and that should have been done. Inventory control is especially difficult to manage with many sources of reservations. We do have several different categories of rooms and they are not always all available especially in this our busy season but we do try as best we can to meet everyone’s wishes. If you would contact me directly I will investigate the situation and try to make things right. Hoping I can be of help to you and all of our guests.

Travellers are raving about these Revelstoke hotels