“Very good choice and great linens!”

Sandman Hotel Revelstoke
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Revelstoke
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
“Very good choice and great linens!”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We were en route to Calgary for business (during the epic Alberta Floods weekend) and arrived late in Revelstoke. We had never stay at the Sandman but were very happy we did. We had a great sleep and I really liked the linens. The more and more traveling I do, the more this becomes important to me and these guys did not disappoint. Having a comfy bed when you spend a lot of nights away from home is such a treat.

The other things I will comment on is the customer service. Upon checkout the woman at the desk asked me if I had heard about the road closure at Golden. I really appreciated this, it meant we had the drive between Revelstoke and Golden to make a plan and re-route accordingly.

Room Tip: If you feel more comfortable with a view of your vehicle (we do because we were towing an open trail...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Gordon B, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Thanks for the kind words. We are just introducing our new linens and quilts so I am really glad to get the feedback. I am even happier to hear about your positive service experience. These days have been stressful with the road closings so we have been trying to be extra helpful. We all love praise.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
BC, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Let me first start off by saying that I almost ALWAYS stay at the Best Western Plus in Revelstoke ( and I stay there a lot for business) but decided to give the Sandman a shot after a colleague of mine suggested I give it a go ( as well as it was substantially more affordable than the Best Western Plus). I stayed at the Sandman Hotel in Revelstoke BC this past Wednesday night and was quite pleasantly surprised! When booking the reservation I SPECIFICALLY asked for a recently renovated room. I was very pleased with the room I stayed in ( two queen beds) as it was overlooking the pool and close to Dennys. The room had very comfortable beds and a large screen tv :) My only two complaints were that the front counter staff who checked me in when I arrived was very slow in doing so, and that the air conditioning was a little loud all night, but other than that, I would say "stay here" if you need to stay in Revelstoke anytime soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stopped in Revelstoke on our way to Edmonton. The hotel is simple but thoughtful. Good service, competitive rate and lots of conveniences. Loved the Keurig coffee in the lobby. I`d stay here again as an overnight hotel on my journey to or from Alberta.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Kimberley, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We weren't sure about the Sandman, looking at it's overall placing on Trip Advisor but when the BW, next door was substantially more expensive we decided to give it a try. We were very glad we did. From the warm greeting at the front desk to the upgraded, clean, modern room and comfy beds at a reasonable price (for Revelstoke) we were very pleased with our stay. There was no breakfast but I think that was reflected in the price. We would have given it a 5 out of 5 if there had been real cream or milk with the coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I booked a 4 day stay and ski spring package for 1st week in April. The room was good value for price and exceeded my expectations. On the first day of skiing I broke my leg - not the hotel's fault. The staff sprung into action. The Manager filled my prescription at the local pharmacy and deliverd the medications to my room. Another staff person assisted me at the door and made sure that I had acccess to everything that I needed. I was able to get a flight out the next day and hotel staff packed my bags, loaded the car and arranged for transportation back to Kelowna. I was traveling alone and the staff made it possible for me to depart in a timely way and looked after my every need. In the words of the terminator - I will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Vermilion
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We only stayed one night on a return trip home. When we first checked in we were placed into a wing of the hotel that was under renovation. You could smell the dry wall dust, see the contruction work. Also you could smell, we think, mildew. The first room had some serious damage to it so we requested a move. It took about 30 minutes and we were relocated back to the "main" building behine the front desk. This was after someone came to check our concerns about the first room, told us we were being moved and how to get there. No offer to reload our stuff or move it to the new room (we are seniors).

The new room was nice, clean but still in need of some updating, but it was only one night so we stayed as it was going to be an early morning.

Not connected to the hotel - we had difficulty on a Friday evening to find a decent place to eat in town. While there is a Denny's attached to the hotel we wanted something different than fast food or Asian. We settled on one downtown but it was overpriced food that was probably COSTCO food.

Room Tip: until the renovations are done, ask to stay in the main building. Also watch where you park, you can...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Gordon B, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
It is true that we are currently renovating our Hotel and have been for several months now. We are trying to manage the situation so as not to interfere with our current guests and for the most part we have been able to accomplish this but I am sorry to hear that this didn’t happen in your case. It would help me and future guests if you contacted me directly so I can find out why this happened.
On a positive note we are getting ready to unveil some of our new guest rooms and they are stunning. We will be doing all of our guest rooms in the South Building and then going back and putting some more updates to our rooms in the North Building. We have finished most of our public areas as well. We really are striving to provide you our guests with a much improved product.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It helps us to get “a little better every day”.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2013

My husband and I drove from Vancouver to Banff, Alberta. We needed to place to stay for a nite after a long drive. Sandman was in superb location with very helpful staff escpially the lady at the front desk. She offered us to park our car in a disabled parking lot right infront of the hotel so they can keep an eye on our car as we have so many stuff in the car..

The room was good and clean overlooking the mountain with small kitchen. I would definitely recommend this hotel with my friends and relatives.

Room Tip: get a room facing the mountain it's quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Gordon B, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you for the kind words about the service you received from the Guest Service Agent and the quality of the Hotel. What a great way to start a Monday!