“Last minute option for me.......”

Sandman Hotel Revelstoke
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Revelstoke
Reviewed 3 February 2014

As usual, whist on route to Kelowna from LAX my experience with United Airlines, was an absolute nightmare. But anyone who travels knows they are the rubbish truck of the industry.
The reason I mention this, is as on route to Revelstoke from Oz, a long trip, I ended up having to get to Kelowna very late one evening due to United and in turn arrived at Revelstoke with my previously booked accom booked out.

So, the good news was the first hotel our Stoke shuttle pulled up at at 10pm at night was the Sandman, and I quickly booked a room at a reasonably price considering last minute. The room was perfect for my very temporary needs and I stayed for one night. The room was very quiet and your standard size and fit out. Very comfortable and the staff were terrific at front desk.
It is a 25 min walk to centre of Revvy, but is close to hwy and all chain food establishments.

The staff allowed me to store my ski gear for the day, so I was appreciative.

If your a skier, the good news is the mountain shuttle stops out front and is complimentary if your a guest etc. very good service.

Overall, as I want to be closer in town, a good option in a small town.

Hope this helps and apologies for the initial rant about United.

Room Tip: If your here for a duration during winter, better value options are closer to Revvy CBD. Reduce the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Sherin A, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Morimagic,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. And thank you for the great remark on the staff and the room .I am glad that you could make worthy use of our facilities and the shuttle bus service. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sandman Hotel Revelstoke in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Luckily our family (2 adults, 2 teenagers) had reservations when the Trans-Canada closed on January 2, 2014. We had a room but many people did not. I was extremely impressed with how the front desk staff handled all the requests from stranded travelers. While they could not accommodate everybody they were respectful, kind and helpful to all who came looking for a room. The room had parking lot access which suited us just fine. The room was spacious, the beds were comfortable and the bedding was new and clean. While there were some signs of wear and tear they did not diminish the stay in the least. The fitness room has new equipment (treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical), mats and a universal machine. The pool area was a bit on the dark side for parents with younger children but the other building also had a pool which is much more brightly lit.

Room Tip: Ask about access, some rooms are access from the hallway and some are access from the parking lot.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Sherin A, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Anna Maria,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. And thank you for the fantastic comments on the staff, room and the facilities we have. We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sandman Hotel Revelstoke in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

This was my first and last stay at a Sandman hotel.

The staff was lovely however the rooms were dismal. The ceiling had been patched numerous times, the bedding had holes in it, the pillow cases were stained and the walls were as thin as paper. Half the rooms are exterior rooms and face the parking lot and half are interior rooms and face the atrium. The atrium has a pool and although the pool closes at 10:00 pm it is not locked so guests can and do use it as late as 1:00 and 2:00 am. Combine that with those paper thin walls and you will not get little or no sleep.

I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Sherin A, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest from Vancouver,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at The Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, even though you certainly seem to have had a disappointing stay. Therefore, I have taken the liberty of sending you a direct message to find out some more details regarding your stay in order for me to personally follow up with my housekeeping team to ensure the bedding to be taken care off and the stained pillow. As this is one of the oldest properties in the chain, serious renovation plans are sketched out for this year early spring. These challenges and service breakdowns are certainly not indicative of the fine level of service and guest experience that we are striving for, therefore I was pleased to read that you had a lovely experience with our staff.

On behalf of the entire Sandman Hotel Revelstoke team, I am sincerely apologetic that your stay did not live up to your or my expectations and I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best for 2014 and yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 December 2013

We've stayed at this hotel several times when passing through Revelstoke and when visiting the hill. You get pretty much what you would expect from a motel in the mountains. Rooms are clean and warm, but the hotel can get noisy in the ski season. Also the building itself is getting on in age, and shows some signs of wear, but they are under renovation. The location is a good one for travellers on the road looking to get on and off the highway quickly. If you're looking for a spot where you can more easily walk to some dinner and a drink, you would be better off further into town (try the pizza at the Village Idiot pub. It's great!).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Sandman Hotel the last weekend in November for a hockey tournament. They are in the midst of renovations, which was not an issue but the front desk staff were some of the most unpleasant I have ever had to deal with. Upon check in, they were busy which was to be expected. The senior lady who was working seemed to forget what a smile was. They had to expect a rush as it was also opening weekend of the local ski hill. Any questions I had were quickly interrupted. The other lady I had the "pleasure" of talking to throughout the weekend was just as sour. I believe her badge said "Manager". Upon check out, I was not asked how I enjoyed my stay, not even so much as a Thank you, come again.
The housekeeping staff was, however, very personable and friendly! Great ladies and clean rooms! The beds were comfortable.
Just a suggestion but front desk staff may want to take a refresher course in hospitality!

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Melanie T
Sherin A, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Ms. Trevelyan, thank you for connecting with us directly in order to provide us with the details of your most recent stay experience. We regret to hear about the circumstances you have encountered during your visit and would like to extend our sincerest apologies to you .Should you decide to stay at The Sandman Hotel Revelstoke in the near future, we would like to provide you with a very different stay experience; at your convenience please contact me at Doo_revelstoke@Sandman.ca .

Sincerely

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I booked this room for my son and daughter-in-law and her brother, along with their 2 cats, who needed a hotel to stay in, at the last minute on their move from Edmonton to Burnaby. Dead tired, they could not drive anymore. They arrived at almost midnight to find friendly front desk staff, a quiet well appointed room, and very comfortable beds with good pillows. Very pleased that they were able to have their cats in the room. $10 extra for each cat was posted on the hotels.com website but they were not charged for it. Although I was not the guest, and my family was, this is what they reported upon their arrival at my home the next day. Excellent all round.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicki T
Gordon B, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for your kind words. It really makes our day. A good nights sleep is so important when you are driving through the Mountains. Glad we had the opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Absolutely disgusted with this hotel. Dirty dirty dirty. Horrible customer service! Never had such horrible service before in all my travels. From a "NAME BRAND HOTEL" Wouldn't even deliver a towel to the room until I got pissed off. Paid too much for the room and they didn't want to bring us a towel? When I was talking to front desk the guy sighed after everything I said and did not seem to be interested in anything I was saying. Breakfast was the only good thing, Plus it smelt as if pot had been smoked in our room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

We can only try to fix these things if you let us know. Please contact me so I can investigate and hopefully help our employees to do a better job for you and all our guests.