“Quiet, aside from the Trains. ”

Lamplighter Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Revelstoke
Lamplighter Campground
“Quiet, aside from the Trains. ”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We we're headed from Edmonton to Kelowna and decided to stay a couple of night in Revelstoke to see the sites. We chose Lamplighter because of the close proximity to downtown Revel. It's literally in the middle of a residential area and really calm and quiet place. The only drawback are the trains. There are at least 2-3 an hour and loud. I didn't really mind them as I live close to some tracks myself but it is something to consider. Honestly though, if you camp anywhere along Revelstoke and area there will be trains so if you don't like trains push on past Revel.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Amanda G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Delta, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a great campground to plan a one night stop. For us we came from the East, and were happy to find this peaceful setting, after a long day from Jasper. A wonderful grassy, treed park-like RV park. Cleanest washrooms I've seen for awhile...even when it was pouring rain and people were tracking in water, the floors seemed to sparkle. And how many RV parks say free wifi, and should say "free, crappy wifi" This one has wifi that works! Well equipped Laundry, camp kitchen, dog walking along dyke across the street (along Columbia River). Yes, Revelstoke has trains, and a deep and proud railway history... you can hear them through the whole town once in awhile, so if you want to avoid hearing a train at all, this town might not be your place! In fact, the last spike in the cross-Canada railway was driven near here (about 30 minutes drive), and the railway museum in town is a must see (and gives you some appreciation for the trains that are coming through.) However, at the Lamplighter, there is a train track nearby, and there was a time during the night when some car switching was going on. It wasn't that bothersome to us (our spot was near washrooms) but it could be louder in the tent sites nearer to the tracks. I would still recommend the park as a great stopping point on a mountain tour.

Room Tip: All the sites are grassy, many are pull throughs for bigger rigs (ours is a small B+ motorhome so di...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HarVeeW
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Advertised as a peaceful campground. Peaceful would be a matter of opinion, I suppose, as there is a train that runs through the back of the property. Very little sleep and we couldn't get out of there fast enough. We didn't even bother to make breakfast before we broke camp and headed to Tim Hortons.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WielandWoos
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My overpriced tent site was 100 meters (literally) from a train track switch, with a train going by every 20-45 mins. I got little to no sleep that night. The next morning I asked for 10 dollars of the 25 that I paid for the night and was rudely told to take my business elsewhere. I was also told that almost no one complains about the trains which I find very hard to believe, as my neighbours had alot to say about it too. All sites are crammed together, showers cost extra, as do washers and dryers. I would more likely sleep in a ditch then return to this landfill.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank qwert198
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This campground is a bit different in that the spaces are literally in the Hostess's front yard. There are great old trees and lots of green grass which they keep very nicely maintained. The mountain view from several directions is thrilling. The Hostess is very knowledgeable and nice to work with. She even brought out an extra length of hose when our water line would not reach to the faucet. We felt right at home here! Also love the town of Revelstoke and the surrounding area!! Great destination or stop along the way to someplace else.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple