“Clean room and comfortable beds”

Revelstoke Gateway Inn
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Revelstoke
Drumheller
“Clean room and comfortable beds”
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I always check rooms before I make my decision to stay. I chose the hotel for the price and after touring another hotel that was just awful I was thrilled with my room at Gateway. I own the Heartwood Inn and Spa in Drumheller so I think I know accommodation pretty well. If people pick something because it's cheap don't whine later. Anyhow, I was travelling with my elderly father, easy access, parked right in front of the door. We were impress how clean the bathroom area was - squeeky clean and so were the beds and comfortable too. The floor was laminate - much cleaner than a carpet would have been. Hot coffee from the office at breakfast - didn't bother with the simple toast etc. that was offered. The lady was very nice, leant us a big brush to take off the foot of snow on the vehicle. I will stay there again next time thru - although I will make sure to check the room first as always. Oh, and if there was a train - didn't hear it.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank pzwolfDrumheller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Stayed here for a night during my ski trip through BC over the holiday season.

Rooms were old and a little dirty. Could hear someone in the next room snoring. Took a long time for the room to heat up. Wireless internet was very weak; had to ask for an ethernet cable. Lobby wasn't open for the free b-fast at 8:15am. That being said, the rooms are quite cheap and they have kitchenettes, which can by useful. The trains were a non-issue (only heard them when I was leaving in the morning).

I would recommend this place only to solo travelers or groups who are just looking for a semi-comfortable bed to sleep on.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2010

Came here with a few friends for a skiing trip for 2 days. Rented a room on the second floor. Overall a good place to stay for the price we paid.

I read the other reviews before posting this one, and here's what I agree/disagree with:

A big deal was made about the trains. Personally, I wasn't bothered by this one bit. If you know you're a light sleeper, then guess choose someplace further from the tracks.

The wireless internet was worthless, but they did lend an ethernet cable. The connection was good enough to stream videos off of.

The breakfast is not for those who want something warm. I basically just drank some of the juice, and went somewhere else for real food.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2010

I have read other reviews on this hotel and just cannot agree. The owners have always been great. I have come here for the last three years and you cannot get a better deal especially the rooms on the second floor which offer 1or 2 seperate bedrooms from the main room which has 1-2 queen size beds in the main room and 1 queen in each bedroom, so up to 4 Queen size beds in the room. They have a nice jacuzzi and an execise room as well. Rooms are well maintained and clean. Each room has a fridge and microwave. By far the best value is the room with 2 bedrooms and 4 queen size beds in all. The breakfast is not great but for the price you pay it is a deal and better than anything else I have seen or stayed at in Revelstoke.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2010

I was staying there in Oct 2010 during my business trip to the south central BC. Basically this motel is terrible. They have very poor and disrespectful rooms with very cheap looking interiors. I felt I I was sleeping in a warehouse under cold looking Fluorescent lamp. The beddings were terrible too. The pillows and the blankets actually stink so bad that after I woke up I felt like I got beaten by bad bugs. They said they have a fitness room however the fitness room cannot be called a fitness room because they only have some misterious fitness equipment, they do not have a single dumbell. They bascially suck me. The room rate is expensive I paid 110 CAD for low season!!! Don't stay at this motel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Revelstoke hotels

Banff, Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I Stayed in Revelstoke this past weekend for a friends weding and the reason we picked this hotel is because it was close to my friends house. The lady at check in seemed a bit weird but nice. When we got to out room it was very small we just had one queen bed and the bathroom you could only have one person in it at a time it was hard enough to move around with just yourself in there. The beds were very nice and i slept well but the walls are very thin and if you are a light sleeper this is not the place for you thats for sure. i could here the people who were staying above us when the phone went off, and then the whole conversation. I did not have the breakfast so i can not coment on that. I stayed here 2 nights and I think the next time i have to stay in Revelstoke i will try other places first before ever going back here

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We chose this motel because it had rooms with kitchenettes. The room was basic but adequate and we were able to cook a meal. The views of the mountains from just outside our door was nice, but Revelstoke is surrounded by mountains so it would be hard to not have a good view. We didn't find the train noise a problem and we both slept well. Breakfast was fairly basic too, but OK. Wireless internet was available in the breakfast room but the signal was too weak in our room. A reasonable no frills option if you don't want to spend too much.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple