“Be Prepared for Basic”

Peaks Lodge
Coquitlam, Canada
“Be Prepared for Basic”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

OK, so it's cheap (I paid 69$ in July). But it's pretty basic. No smoking rooms, but folks smoking right outside their rooms, so you can't open your windows, which you're unlikely to do anyway, since the road noise is fairly loud. No air conditioning for summer. Reasonably clean, but very basic accommodation--the bed sags visibly, and I haven't been on it yet. Carpet with the usual snowmobile/skier stains. Few amenities.

Staff seems laid back, but are actually very helpful. The night I stayed there the restaurant wasn't open, though they said it was. I was directed companionably to the Great White North across the street, which was great. I was offered help up with my suitcase, when I was half way up.

I am not sure if you can find cheaper in Revelstoke, but I would be willing to look.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Seniorwanderers
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed here for one night late in February...never again! Room was run down but the worst part of the bad night was that the noise from the room above us made us fear that the ceiling would drop.....an apology from management would have been appreciated.

Room Tip: Staff is not at hotel after 11pm.....I would not stay at this hotel unless I wanted to be awake all...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Seniorwanderers

Travellers are raving about these Revelstoke hotels

ft mac
Reviewed 31 March 2012

In the 30 plus years that i have been snowmobiling i have never met such nice snowmobilers and owners (Alec&Birdie). $69 dollars for mountain side access with hot tubs? If you you can honestly wine about this you have never had to sleep in the wilderness, I am a seasoned outdoorsmen and wish i could do this cheaper? Please contact me and i would be pleased to check this out with you.

Kind regards

injun'

Room Tip: all rooms are within expectations
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank indyinFtMac
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Seems this place is run on a shoe string budget with the employees doing at least 2 jobs apiece. Room was clean and basic. Beds were okay but had to request more pillows as the ones provided were pretty thin. If you want to use a hot tub, you have to pay extra so we didn't (never heard of THAT policy before!). The restaurant food for breakfast was ok. We were trying to avoid the high priced hotels in Revelstoke but I am not sure it was worth it to stay here. Not the best place for families as the walls are thin and I was constantly shoshing my kids as I didn't want to disturb others.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BC_CanadaWx_chick
Fort Macleod, Canada
Reviewed 23 December 2010

For 120 bucks plus tax a night this place does not hold up their end of the bargain. The service in the restaurant is brutal with one waitress in most cases doing a poor job. We paid 40 bucks extra to have a hot tub and one day all the tubs stunk. One even had cigarrette butts floating in it. The other three days the hot tub was overheating, not working, or stinky. After riding hard all day we needed a tub to relax sore muscles and we had to wait 2 hours for them to fix it. The parking lot is disorganized with trucks parking where trailers should be. We had to drag our gear across a trail made through the snow because knowone could shovel the sidewalks. There were 10 of us on three different rooms and none of us slept weel because the mattresses were so bad. They are so old I cant believe we are expected to sleep on them and pay someone to do it .Wehad four days in our room and the staff did not give us clean towels one day. I can not say enough bad about this place. Not one of the 10 of us willl return.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Dobir
Calgary
Reviewed 8 March 2010

We stayed at lodge and went sledding. We had a great experience. You can ride your sleds right from the lodge and they have a locked compound that the owners let us keep our truck and trailer in. Also Alek took us sledding and showed some great sights and new places. His wife was very friendly as well. We loved it and we will be going back next for our regular sledding trip.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank ReeseCalgary
rural ontario
Reviewed 14 July 2009

We saw a billboard for this hotel a few kilometres west of Revelstoke and as the words “internet”, “breakfast”, and “$69”, whizzed by us we knew this would be our spot. We went to the office where we were offered a room for $79. When we mentioned the billboard we saw, she looked back at her computer and said, oh yes we do have a room for $69. I understand that some bargaining usually goes on in the motel business, but if your huge billboard says $69 it should really be the first rate you offer. We asked what time breakfast started and she said what time the restaurant opened and that the special for guests was $5.99. Not exactly a special in my mind and again deceiving when the sign makes it appear to be free. We got to the room and tried out the wireless internet but there were no networks coming up. My husband went back to the desk to ask about internet and she said that it crashes sometimes so it might not work. It really didn’t seem like this place had internet at all and that was just an excuse. At $69 per night we weren’t expecting much but the beds were very small and very poor quality. The TV did not have a remote, the bathroom shower head was too low and very low pressure and there was major noise from the highway beside. Don’t be fooled by the cute exterior, I’d keep on driving next time.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple