“I wouldn't stay again”
Review of Peaks Lodge

Peaks Lodge
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I just thought I would give it a try. The room was old , but cleanish (lots of fly's). I had dinner it was perogy night, the perogies were the kind you can buy in the frozen food section of safeway for $2.99 a bag. Although the bar was empty the bartender was very rude and would only let me sit at one table in the middle of the room, because she said it would get busy, it didn't. I finished my beer and sat there hoping she would offer me another. But she was to busy texting, I finally walked up to her and placed the empty bottle in front of her which she ignored After I went back to my table she wandered over and asked me if I would like another beer. In the morning I thought I'ld try the $6.99 breakfast special. When I got to the restaurant I was greeted by the staff waiting for someone with a key to show up and open the doors for them. Very poorly run operation. You would be better off paying $20 more and staying in town

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank spay-cast

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I've stay at peaks twice in the last 4 winters. we always go in a group of 8 and stay in the main lodge with the common room going our rooms. The service and food was great both times. there is a lock up for your sleds and gas right there. the trail takes you right to boulders main trial so you don't have to trailer if your going there. the rooms are out of date but clean. the owners are great people and help you in anyway they can.

Room Tip: if your going with a group pay the extra for the common room. its a good place to hang out after a g...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Beggzy1979
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We have driven past the Peaks on many occasions going back and forth to Calgary from Vancouver the place looks inviting enough so we decided to stay overnight Sept 3 2013, pulled into the parking lot ,we were the only ones there.The sign posted rates as $69 and up we paid close to $100. The restaurant was closed because the cook decided that the long weekend was too much and I guess he needed a rest, the pub was also closed so we either had to go back into town or eat scraps that travellers usually have in the car,we had had enough of driving so settled on the latter . The room throughout the night although quiet was lit up like an airport runway do to the exterior lighting ,the sign also said there was a $6.95 breakfast special,it never materialized.One would think that on a long weekend with as much traffic as there was, these people would be out for every dollar they could get...come on folks, give your head a shake. Oh by the way the one girl that was looking after the place was very nice and did her best under the circumstance.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron H
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We had to stay somewhere on Aug.17th--2013--due to a massive standstill traffic mess on the highway! The staff were amazing and worked really hard to make us comfortable and happy!!! The rooms we rented were VERY CLEAN and the beds were super comfortable!!! The restaurant served delicious and massive food portions!! There were 9 of us and we were VERY HAPPY!! This is a family run hotel--much appreciated the hospitality!! Our rooms were $139 and $149 ---impressed with how large they were!! It is not the Hilton ---but it WAS FANTASTIC!! THe AC was much appreciated and worked just fine!!!

Room Tip: IF the bathrooms and beds are clean--that is KEY!!! The decore is secondary!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rose M
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Should have kept driving but it was late and we just wanted a bed for the night. Price on sign said from 69 per night was over 100.Room was small smelled AWFull . Sheets were dirty air conditoner has never been cleaned turned on and dust came out. My hubby had an awfull alergic reaction to something in the room. Would have been better off sleeping in car. DO NOT !!!!!! waste time or $$$$. Just keep going. For 20 $ more we could have stayed at 3 mile gap a much nicer hotel by the looks and smell.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank punky76
Reviewed 11 August 2013

They don't anwser the phone, the bed sheets are disgustingly dirty. The person working at the front desk was also working restaurant so we had to wait for 10 minutes to check in. Sadly this place used to be a very nice place to stay. Poor value for $100.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank lonerider65
Reviewed 3 March 2013

My friend booked a few rooms here based on a recommendation from someone he knew that had stayed in the hotel while snowmobiling.

He thought he was booking a kitchenette (which is how it was advertised), but what we actually got was a hotel room with an extra sink, hot plate, and range hood. There were 10 knives and 3 spoons and 2 forks... 3 bowls.. 2 plates.

There was a half dead fly flopping around in the room when we got there and bugs crawling around in the light fixture as well. We found a pill that didn't belong to any of us against one of the bed frames... turned out to be Excedrin, but still pretty strange to find random drugs in your room.

The bathroom sink was about 5 feet away from the "kitchen sink" and the only light in the bathroom was on a timer with the fan. If the timer turned off when you were in the shower, you ended up in the dark.

All the heat was electric... so we were a little worried about what would happen if the power went out. Sleep in the truck?

We had to ask for extra towels and do the math for her when she asked why we wanted so many.... we weren't exactly wanting to use the same towel for the hot tub and for our showers.

We could also hear the people staying in the suite above use clear as day, pretty much.

The hot tubs looked like regular residential tubs you would put in your back yard. You could reserve one, I think but we were directed to one of the tubs out in the parking lot by the c-can. One of our group got a pretty bad rash after being in but the rest of us were okay. Our swimsuits were definitely discoloured from the chemicals as well...

This place definitely caters to the snowmobilers, so if you aren't looking for much and don't want to pay much, that is what you will get but we will stay elsewhere next time we are in Revelstoke as we did enjoy the ski resort.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends