“Can't drive through Revelstoke without eating here!”

The Modern Bakeshop & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 62 Restaurants in Revelstoke
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Nelson
“Can't drive through Revelstoke without eating here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2010

We love this place: Great lively atmosphere, wonderful coffee (best latte I have had in a long time), cakes and cookies to die for, wonderful savory dishes , an amazing food selection and very friendly staff. What more could one wish for? I can't drive through Revelstoke without a stop at the Modern! Highly recommended!

Whistler, Canada
“A must when in Revelstoke”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

The modern bakeshop and cafe is a must stop when you are in Revelstoke, or even if you are just passing by, stop. Their homemade soups and to die for, the bread so delicious and they have a wonderful selection of teas. I will be back again and again.

Canada
“Best Cinammon Buns in a long, long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2009

We asked a local for somewhere healthy to eat, a non-chain restaurant. There aren't a lot in Revelstoke, luckily we were told we definitely should try the Modern. We weren't disappointed, it's a funky cafe that has great coffee, earthy desserts and hearty lunches, all very tasty. My wife had the Mediteranean soup, which was thick and delicious. I had, well dang, I can't remember now, but it was good. I definitely remember the outstanding cinammon bun though, must have been recently out of the oven. Rich with brown sugar, nuts and seeds. A perfect complement to my dark roast coffee.

The staff are friendly, attentive, energetic, it appears to be a very popular hangout for the healthy, outdoorsy locals. This place is a real find in the middle of B.C.