Revelstoke Hostel
Best Western Plus Revelstoke(Revelstoke)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$88
Glacier House Resort(Revelstoke)
US$137
US$130
The Hillcrest Hotel, a Coast Resort(Revelstoke)(Great Value!)
US$127
Cornerstone Bed and Breakfast(Revelstoke)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$123
US$91
US$89
Priceline
Swiss Chalet Motel(Revelstoke)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$290
US$274
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Let me start off by saying that I don't typically like the idea of a hostel. I was convinced however to check this place out as it is usually a great place to meet other travelers and have a generally all around good time. I was expecting a similar experience to the Backpacker's lodge in Jasper, which is exactly the environment you ideally go for, and relatively cheap.

So we ended up going here, paying around $30+ dollars each, which is quite expensive for a hostel as far as I am concerned. We were shown to the living quarters DOWNSTAIRS in the grungy basement of what looks like a run down house. The place was pretty much a mess and I didn't even really want to sit on the bed. On the bright side, as you would expect in a skii town the other boarders that were staying there were quite friendly, and to this place's credit, the staff were actually very polite too.

There were quite a few people cooking different things and the smell was very unpleasant, so we decided to leave. We ended up finding a hotel for $100 bucks which was much cleaner, quieter and overall just...Acceptable.

$100 for two queen beds in a hotel or $60+ for two random bunk beds in a dirty place. I wish we had saved the $60 and gone to the hotel right off the bat.

Do yourself a favor and book a hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2012

The bed I stayed in made a lot of noise, even when I moved just slightly which was annoying. The bathroom was clean. There were only a couple more people at the hostel so it was very quiet. There are also free tickets available for the local swimming pool. In the kitchen, there isn't much equipment for cooking, not even oil or more than a tiny bit of salt and pepper (probably left behind by other travellers). Staff was friendly.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I stayed at this hostel in a private room for over two weeks this winter and sincerely regret not booking into poppi's instead. I don't even know where to start!

-Kitchen is small, filthy and I hope you find one pot and 17 spatulas useful, because that's all there is in the drawers (besides unidentifiable debris, dirt etc). The tepid fridge had a whole bad-food-strata theme going. My milk/cream went bad 3 times in 2 weeks. Like real bad. Like turned into cheese bad.

-My room smelled like a sweat sock. The door had a lock but could be pushed open with almost no effort. My baseboard heater would go on about once every three days which made drying out my gear pretty rough. My mattress was fairly decent but I used my sleeping bag most of the time because the blankets were wafer thin.

-When reviews here say the walls were paper thin it is a gross understatement. During my stay I was subject to such a large cross section of unpleasant noisy-ness that I think I may have lost some hearing. Ski boots on the stairs to the second story at 4 am? CHECK Hostel manager on the telephone in her room (next to mine) every night ranting and raving about intensely personal subject matter? CHECK If you stay here be prepared to hear everything. Every time someone takes a shot on the pool table. Every time someone has a shower, flushes a toilet, microwaves their soup. Everything.

Spend a little more money and stay at Poppi's or a hotel. This place has been run into the ground and the staff are like a casting call for extras in a zombie movie.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank r s
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Not a bad hostel but when there are no locks on the bedroom and bathroom doors you have to hope/trust no one to go in your room.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Valmos
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Private rooms we stayed in are in a basement. Mens dorm rooms surround the room. TV blares until 10pm. Walls paper thin. Then there's the odour, first amonia smell of some hospital grade cleaning products, then the foul smell of a dirty cramped space. Bed is old and thin sheets. Its winter, the room is freezing and there's a thin cover on bed. For $70 per night - it's a crime. Overall, a dirtbag hostel.

• Stayed: March 2012