“Princeton's Best in Show”
Review of Princeton Motel

Princeton Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Princeton
Princeton Motel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Princeton
Vancouver, Canada
“Princeton's Best in Show”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

As congenial a host and as spotlessly (obsessively) clean as ever, the Princeton surprised us with all its updates made over the last two years. Full kitchens in some suites. New flooring. New drapes. New air conditioner. New TV. New furnishings: lamps, sofa (in single bed rooms), bed coverings, tables and chairs. New vinyl windows. They even updated their lobby so when you enter you can trust that first impression is carried through to your room. All of these updates are a significant investment for a small independent motel and well appreciated by us. The Princeton is an ideal stop over on that last leg to the Coast. Pet friendly too.

Room Tip: The inner courtyard contributes to room parity across the board.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Coonhounds

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have stayed at this motel twice,im from England and it very clean all new matresses on the beds freshly painted,spotless bathrooms,and the price is the best value for money in Princeton,yes the owner does not do breakfast but there are fridges and kettles,perculators in every room and there are a couple off local restuarants around the corner who serve breakfast,so its nice little walk less than 3 minutes from the motel,theres a cute little dog who resides here aswell and the owner mike likes to encourage people to bring small dogs to the motel so long as they are looked after,so all in all its fantastic value for your money,you should check it out,bedding is spotless aswell sheets and towels are whiter than white,!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous I looked around them all well the ones that were empty and they were all spot...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank rosyapple_13
Manila
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I checked in for 2 nights on my way to Alberta from the Philippines sometime in the summer of August 2012. The rooms (I've checked 3) are all in good shape, clean, comfy, equipped with wifi, non- smoking, and flat screen t.v. The washrooms is very clean, with complimentary coffee and tea in each room. The room over all is in good and in very clean condition. The sheets and towel were white and crisped as well! That's an added bonus!

I'm satisfied with my stay here. Its also a plus to be looked after by the housekeeper, asked me if I needed anything like new set of towels the following day and if I needed some more coffee. When it comes to the price, its pretty reasonable and its a lot less than the other accommodation in that town.

The motel owner was also personable and we chatted for a few minutes before I checked in the room. He asked me about my home country and why chose to visit the Great White North.

All in all I would give this motel a 4 (5-being the highest) for value of money and comfort.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank kenjoPH m
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Stayed here for 2 days in December while skiing with my girlfriend.
Took a look around and this was the only place in Princeton which wanted us to look at the room to make sure we were satisfied.
The room had new carpet, new paint but did not smell of it, nice covers on the bed and clean fresh sheets of the thick type, the towels were fluffy and really white.
The wall mounted TV was LED Sony with a good picture, we had an Ikea leather couch to view the tv, with cushions which were clean.
The bed mattress was firm and looked very new, the owner said he had replaced the mattress to all rooms in September.
The bathroom was great, new glass shower, new ceramic tiling, all new in fact and clean.
The owner was very nice and even gave us free coffee bags for the morning with sugar and milk. The value was great at $65 a night and for 2 nights we paid $60 a night without even asking, unheard of. The wifi worked well as new antenna and amplifiers had been installed and we got 4 bars all the time.

Will stay again no doubt. Very clean and fresh as another reviewer says.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mark w
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I am shocked that this motel has received such good reviews.
The rooms are in desperate need of an update. The carpet was stained, the mattress was old and saggy, the couch and chairs were dirty and worn out. The room was so bad I cried.
The owner is a very nice man and I feel terrible writing a negative review because he was so kind and helpful but this motel is just not livable in its current state.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wc_wanderer
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed here for one night while passing through on our way from the coast to the Okanagan. Room rate was very good. Check-in was quick and easy. The owner is very personable. He recommended we check out our assigned room (#5) to ensure we were happy up front -- and we were.

As others have said, this is a very unique place. Our room had a small living room/lounge area with couch and flat screen TV. The bathroom was quite generously sized and amenities included soap and shampoo (of a dollar-store type variety).

Random artwork placed in random places on the walls. Bed was wedged into a nook with no room for nightstands -- not so good for reading in bed. Everything seemed very clean and smelled good. We could never get the advertised wifi to work.

Plenty of parking. Good location in downtown Princeton. We would definitely stay here again. Good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank giblert
Vancouver, British Columbia
Reviewed 5 February 2012

It's definitely quirky. It used to have this giant apartment that you could rent (my entire family stayed here many a time with three teenaged girls) and we also stayed in a room many a time. As Coonhounds reviews, it's eclectic but super clean and fresh and super quiet (where is the noise?). They've changed owners a few times - the previous one had a lot of pink lace everywhere and floral fabric. It's changed and been updated, and it's still the best motel in Princeton. I just love it! I stay here almost everytime I come to Princeton.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple