All reviewsfront deskroom was spaciouswest wingafter a long daya wonderful stayone night stayenjoyed my staystaff was friendlyconvenient locationi highly recommend this hoteltim hortonsexcellent customer servicedirector of salesbusiness meetingweddingloungevancouver
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We had three rooms on the third floor on the night of SaturdayMarch 10 2012. Our friends and us went to the Giggledam theatre on Saturday night and had a amazing time.
However having no hot water for a shower the next morning did put a damper on the whole experience. When we went to check out and told the Guest service agent that there was a problem with the hot water, her reply was that the hotel was full and that was the explanation and she was unable to compensate us for the inconvience, she would have a relay the information to a Manager. MMMMMM not good customer service. We met our friends in the lobby and they also had no hot water in their third floor rooms. Yes we were registered in room 331,332,339 and yes we do have receipts to prove we were registered. . I have read previous reviews and the Manager did question past guests if they were registered.
The Manager did finally show up and was quite rude to us saying that he went to our room 332 and there was hot water in the room NO APOLOGY, and after we asked he gave us complimentary brekfast coupons for a so so breakfast at the Pantry restaurant.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan P
PoCo55, General Manager at Poco Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Thank you for notifying us about the problem with the hot water you experienced at our hotel. Our front desk duty manager on last Sunday March 11th reported to me the following:

When you checked out and complained about no hot water in your room, he personally went to your room to check. When he turned on the hot water tab, at the beginning there was no hot water but after 5 minutes there was full hot water running. Then he came back to the front desk and apologized to you. He explained to you this might be due to some mechanical problem with our hot water circulation pump not working to its full capacity, also during that weekend our hotel was 100% full occupancy made things worse, so there might have been delay in hot water getting to your rooms. To compensate your inconvenience he gave your party each guest two breakfast gift certificates to be used in our hotel Pantry Restaurant.

After you checked out our hotel, we called in a professional plumbing company to check our hot water system. They confirmed our hot water system works fine, but suggested to us that by installing a 2nd circulation pump will improve our system and that should insure this kind of situation would not happen again. We will install the 2nd circulation pump to our hot water system in a week.

We appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I can assure you this type of situation will never happen to any of our guests again.

Ian French
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I have been a loyal customer of the PoCo for over six years now staying there whenever my work on the road takes me close to where it's located. I enjoyed it before the renovation and now it is even more welcoming after a long day. The rooms are meticulous and beautifully updated with flat screens, lovely bathroom decor and comfy beds and linens. I always choose a kitchenette and it is always fully stocked with the tools to make a meal. Best of all, it is probably the quietest hotel I stay at, and I log over 250 nights/year on the road. The staff are exceptional, always remembering my name and extending a warm welcome. That means a lot.
I tend to cook when I am on the road, but this hotel offers a restaurant, bar and liquor store on the premises as well which is a bonus. A new contemporary exterior facelift completes the package. And, did I mention, WiFi is fast and dependable. I look forward to every visit to this hotel. Next time I plan to stay in one of their theme rooms.....can't ever have too much fun on the road!

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside and in the main part of the hotel with the elevator are my favorite, very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Colleen B
Reviewed 2 February 2012

As my title reads, I am a student that stayed at the Poco Inn while studying at Douglas College last summer. I only have good things to say about this hotel and its location. The hotel has been redone, giving it a lift and making it a little more contemporary.. the room I stayed in had a little kitchen which made eating in (saving money) a lot easier. the bed might have even been better than my bed here at home :) The staff was awesome! made me feel at home in an unfamiliar place.
The location was perfect; you're close to the city and the most amazing nature scenes (being born and bred in a city like Toronto, I was really enamoured with the beauty of the Lower Mainland!!!) definitely worth staying here! They also have a restaurant attached and a Wendys and Timmys close by :) oh and did I mention the bus stop was steps away!
All in all a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: stay in one of the themed rooms (i wish i had)!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LuANNA S
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I recently stayed here for a full week on business and was very pleased. The room was spacious and well appointed - quiet. Front desk help were extremely helpful. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I checked in and felt a little off. The lobby and lounge are nice but no one was in the lounge. Once to my room I opened my suitcase and could see spots or stains on the bed cover. Upon review there were three obvious stained ares (each the size of a hand). A call had the front desk cler change the cover. She was very pleasant but now clean appears to be an option here.
Loacation of the hotel is the best for my situation but will move.
Problems: dirty bed cover, night lock does not work, hair across the side of the tub and behind the door, the fridge door does not close or work, the curtains do not close properly so cushions placed against window to prevent sight from guest passage, internet was intermitent for first night but works now. The male front desk clerk looked very shocked when I told him but the response was best "i am sorry but we are full tonight". On the trip back to my room guests were standing by their room smoking marijuana - they can do what they want but the smell does make it into the rooms. Now I know what the stale smell is in the area.

The area appears to be safe but now so a comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Shread
PoCo55, General Manager at Poco Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

We carefully investigated your complaints, the following are our findings:

1. When you checked into the room and complained about the stain on the duvet cover, even though our hotel was 100% full for the week, for customer satisfaction our front desk staff offered you to change a room for you, so we can re-check the room and rent your room to another arriving guest. But you declined the offer, and asked to change another duvet, which our staff did for you. The next day our housekeeping staff checked the duvet which you complained carefully and found no evidence of stain spots on the duvet.

2. There was no problem whith our door locks and you never informed us the problem.

3. Our head housekeeping staff double check all of our rooms every day, "hair across the side of the tub and behind the door" was unfounded.

4. The fridge in your room was brand new (we changed our fridges only 3 month ago) and our housekeeping report showed the fridge worked properly.

5. Our curtain is brand new and our housekeeping report showed it worked properly.

6. We are using one of the best internet provider company in North America. You never complained anything about our internet to our front desk staffs.

I'm surprised after you mentioned all the above deficiencies in your review and decided to move to another hotel, and yet you are still staying in our hotel right now for another two days.

I would like to state that the PoCo Inn & Suites Hotel is a clean hotel with very good services provided at a very affordable price. If you have any issues about our hotel's services, with just a simple phone call to the front desk or to one of the hotel managers, it can easily be rectified.

Ian French