“Pleasantly surprised”

Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port Coquitlam
Reviewed 21 January 2014

It had been some time since staying at the Poco Inn. Since my last stay, the rooms had been refreshed and updated, the people always nice, were still quite professional and accommodating. The barkeep Keri is someone who always had a smile on her face and was very engaging. I will be looking forward to my next stay at the Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I had the opportunity of staying at Poco Inn & Suites for 2 nights. It was a great experience.
The rooms were clean, spacious & modern. The staff were so friendly & helpful. The food offered at the restaurant was great especially the salmon. My all in all experience was awesome. I would greatly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
PoCo55, Manager at Poco Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear Evelin l,

Thank you for your prefect score, we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I've recently attended my friends wedding at Westwood Plateau and stayed at this hotel. It was quite a pleasant visit and I sincerely enjoyed their comfy rooms and amenities. The hotel staff were very friendly and polite and I would definitely consider returning in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear LCbell,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

In all fairness, the hotel revised their website after my recent complaint, but this is for the benefit of readers who might have been considering this hotel for large events after reading the previous website.

The hotel in fact charges a $20 surcharge per room for using the shuttle for events (such as weddings and conferences) at local golf clubs. I had been considering recommending this hotel for guests at my son's wedding next year, but am now not doing so, due to the deception. I actually have no problem with a surcharge (guests are free to take it, share a cab, or decide to take their own vehicles) but I do have a problem with misleading tactics.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
PoCo55, Manager at Poco Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear kg57,

Thank you for your comment. However the facts are:

1. Last week you contacted us to inquire about possible room accommodations at our hotel for your son’s wedding at Swan-E-Set Golf Course on September 5, 2014. Our sales manager quoted you the room rates and upfront advised you there would be $20 shuttle service charge per room for your wedding group, if you need the service. (If you arrange taxi service by yourself would cost you roughly $80 per room).

2. You only inquired about possible accommodations for your son’s wedding next September, but you did not stay in our hotel in November.

We apologize for any misunderstanding.

We will still provide our guests with the best facility, the best service, and the best value in the area.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I chose the PoCo Inn & Suites for my Mum's 70th birthday celebration. We had our party catered by the hotel in their Crossroads lounge. From first contact to planning to our most enjoyable evening, the staff at PoCo Inn & Suites made it an event to remember. The food was fantastic, the setting perfect for our small group and the staff were so helpful. Special thanks to Linette for all the help with the planning and to Kerry in the lounge for all her help to make my Mum's birthday special. None of our guests needed to stay at the hotel, but I would have been most comfortable that it would have been a perfect end to their evening if they had decided to stay. Both Linette and Kerry were very willing to help accommodate our special requests to make my Mum's birthday extra special. I'd recommend the PoCo Inn & Suites Crossroads lounge to anyone looking for a nice intimate place to have a small lounge type gathering.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Suzanne T,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your party at our hotel. We certainly enjoyed you having your event with us. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.

It was a pleasure to have your party as our guest. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The service, cleanliness and atmosphere of the Hotel all made for a very relaxing and accommodating visit. Excellent internet service. The front desk staff were very friendly. Great Hotel to stay. I will recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for comfort, cleanliness and efficiency.

Room Tip: I has a room with kitchen. I parked in front of my room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank George M

Dear George M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we appreciate your recommendation. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We came to this Hotel to attend my friends wedding from New York. I was pleasently surprised by the extremely large room, comfortable bed, excellent internet service. The front desk staff was very helpful, Coming from another country, we were very happy to get free shuttle to the venue. I will come back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with 2 queen size beds.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rosario L

Dear Rosario L,

Thank you and we are glad you did enjoy your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Coquitlam
Ramada Coquitlam
#4 of 4 in Coquitlam
Best Western Chelsea Inn
#3 of 4 in Coquitlam

Been to Poco Inn & Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!