“Clean and comfortable with very friendly staff”

Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port Coquitlam
england
“Clean and comfortable with very friendly staff”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed here for a week while I was working in the area. The executive room we had was large and clean, large flat screen TV, comfy bed and fast internet connection. Oddly the toiletries did not include shower gel (just shampoo, lotion and conditioner) so this is one thing you'll need to pack. Floors were quiet with no noise disturbance from inside or out. The hotel does not have a restaurant as such, but they do have a kind of reciprocal arrangement with the adjoining Pantry. You can charge your Pantry breakfast to your room and also order Pantry food at the hotel bar, and they'll bring it along for you to eat there. The bar is nice too - a kind of a mini sports bar.

The staff I found to be impeccably polite and helpful, from the cleaners to the bar to the reception. All round a very positive experience

Room Tip: I did not have any experience of other rooms, so can't really offer any tips. Our third floor ex...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank shaun1967

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Sooke
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 5 nights for a course in the area. Found the rooms spacious, clean and comfortable. All the staff were very friendly. I like it when the TV is HD cable with a guide and not the silly hotel menus so many have. Wifi was decent. Average speed tests showed around 7mbps. Not fast but Netflix seemed to work okay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Valencia
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here during the first full week of February 2014 for work purposes. When I first checked in I was told they were full and they had upgraded me free of charge to their 1950s themed room. I remained open minded about this and thank them and went to check out the room. Much to my disappointment the room itself smelled like it was still dated back in the 1950s and was less then clean. I tried to rise above the smell but after about half an hour I went back to the front desk and requested a regular room due to the moldy mildew smell. My next option was the Romeo and Juliet honeymoon themed room. This two smelled like mildew so I passed on that and finally got a regular room. The regular room did not have a funky smell to it and was quite clean. The bed was very comfortable and generally speaking it was fine. If you're looking for a good gym, you won't find it here. This hotel has a treadmill, which you can't use before 7:30am as it's next to the 1950's room!! It also has an elliptical and some weights and the bench. I opted to get a free membership at Steve Nash about a 15 minute drive down the road but you absolutely need a car to get there. As a training facilitator we used the conference room on the second floor as well as their catering for coffee breaks and afternoon snacks and break. Regardless of making arrangements well in advance for scheduled coffee times and breaks it was only on the last day that we got the coffee & snacks served at the time it was requested for the 37 participants. The hotel also does not have a restaurant but at the other end of the parking lot there is a nice little restaurant that only delivers ring service when they are not busy believe me I tried! Overall it wasn't a horrible stay but certainly nothing I'm racing to get back to... Book at your own risk.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Madeva1234
pascagoula
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I am extremely picky when it comes to hotels. We stayed here one night this past weekend. The room was very large and spacious. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was very,very clean. Enjoyed the stay and would choose it again. We had booked a queen but because it was our anniversary they gave us a king which was a pleasant surprise. Thank you staff for everything!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is a comfortable hotel with nice amenities. Nice room with everything needed for a great stay. Restaurant and bar on site. Hot tub area is great but can be a bit too hot and the windows don't open, which is too bad. Otherwise, all else is great.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuperTravelDiva
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We came from Saskatchewan for my cousins wedding. We rented 3 rooms we were very pleased with the service,spacious rooms, comfortable beds excellent internet service. We were very glad that the Hotel just bought a new shuttle and started to provide complimentary shuttle bus service to all the Golf courses. My cousin got married at the WestWood Plateau Golf Course on december 31st 2013. That night was very difficult to get taxis for all of us. We really enjoyed our stay in this Hotel and we will come back to visit our cousin and we will stay here again.

Room Tip: We got kitchen suites that were very convinient for children
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Maura E
Stoney Creek, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2014

It had been some time since staying at the Poco Inn. Since my last stay, the rooms had been refreshed and updated, the people always nice, were still quite professional and accommodating. The barkeep Keri is someone who always had a smile on her face and was very engaging. I will be looking forward to my next stay at the Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Ramada Coquitlam
Ramada Coquitlam
#4 of 4 in Coquitlam
Best Western Maple Ridge Hotel

Been to Poco Inn & Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!