See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Was very pleased that it is a pet friendly motel. We had a smoking room also hard to find these days. It is an older motel, it was not dirty just dated. We saw no bugs, for a Friday night it was very quiet. All staff we spoke to were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Be down to earth and don't have your nose in the air when paying.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank dyanVancouver
ellie c, General Manager at Tyee Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Thank you for your nice comments.
We will be doing some renovations on our motel, inside and out starting very soon, hope to finish before the year is up.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

We were in Port Alberni for a wedding and were given a bunch of recommendations on where to stay. We picked the Tyee. I must say i was very surprised at the size of the room. For the price it was fantastic the room was a little tired and needs a fresh coat of paint however this is a local motel and i love to support local business (I work at a local inn in Sidney BC). The staff were both very friendly same with the housekeeping staff. Everything was clean. The Beds were comfy and clean. There was a faint smoke smell but after running the A/C for a few minuets it subsided. Would recommend getting a bigger broom to reach the very tall corners in the room there were a few cobwebs nothing major though. Overall great place and great stay. Also they are pet friendly. Thanks Tyee Village Motel for the wonderful stay. We will be back.

Room Tip: Get rooms far from the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Visiting family in Port Alberni, we will be staying here every time we are in town.Dated exterior yes but the rooms have been renovated. Very clean and comfortable. Accommodating Staff centrally located, close to shopping.

Room Tip: Suite at the price of a room
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2016

The place creeped me out. I thought I was becoming sick just from being there. It stank, felt uncomfortable, and the lady at the reception was very rude .
Would never stay there again or recommend anyone going there .
I can deal with a lot , have no high expectations, but the hostel on Seymour in Vancouver was better even - I seriously considered sleeping in my car while my friend was already asleep . Very gross atmosphere. Yiuck

Room Tip: No room would be your best best on this disgusting place
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2016

This motel is dated, but adequate if you are not looking for luxury; and the price is reasonable. My single room, with one double bed, had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and TV.
The motel is located just across the road from a small plaza with a grocery store, bank, McDonald's, pizza and coffee shops. The local bus exchange is also very handy.

Room Tip: Heavy trucks run on Redford, a room further from the main road will be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends