We stayed here the Weekend of May 10th for a boys Lacrosse team. The rooms were clean and well appointed. A few of our families had suites which were a nice size, and made the visiting easier.
We were disappointed that the pool was not yet open for the season. The boys would have loved to have been swimming especially since the weather was sunny and warm.
One caution is that we did allow the boys to use the hot-tub. When they went into the sauna to look around my youngest (5 years old) accidentally bumped into the sauna rocks and was burned fairly badly on his arm.
The location of this hotel is excellent, a short drive from the arena, and close to the park and river where we sent the boys to run around and play.
We did not eat in the restaurant, but did enjoy the fact that there was a liquor store on site.
We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Barclay an exceptional Port Alberni hotel on Vancouver Island, BC. Come be our guest in Port Alberni and enjoy a leisurely stay in warm, comfortable accommodations with tasteful décor. We are located 50 miles (80km) northwest of Nanaimo and is the midway point on Highway 4 to Vancouver Island’s West Coast. Situated in a valley surrounded by mountains and water, Port Alberni's beauty is breathtaking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Barclay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Port Alberni
- Port Alberni Best Western
- Best Western Plus Barclay Hotel Port Alberni, Vancouver Island