We ended up staying at this location only because the Best Western Barclay Hotel was full due to an event where they had booked a year in advance.
On the weekend of our stay, we were given suite #247.
- The biggest disappointment was that the suite smelled smoky and moldy, which they tried to cover up with a spray of some kind.
- It was apparent that there was previously a picture hung on the wall which was no longer there, this was obvious by the wall staining that did not exist where the picture used to be. All walls were covered with wallpaper except for the bathroom; not only was the wallpaper old and stained but was ripped in areas as well.
- On our departure day we decided to try the pool facilities. The pool bottom was dirty and there were even some leaves. The shallow part of the pool at 3 foot 4” was too deep for young children and the deep part of the pool at 5 feet was not deep enough. We got some coffees and enjoyed some conversation at a table in the pool area. As we were enjoying our visit with family we had not seen in a while, time did get away from us. However, 10 minutes after check out time the girl from front desk was on us like white on rice. Either we are staying for another night or we must go. This was a Sunday and their parking lot was empty. somehow I doubt our departure was critical.
- Room and bathroom felt small.
- The pub is only open Thursdays and Fridays.
- I was first a little shocked by the fact that there was not an elevator, although since there are only two floors it is not necessary. However, elderly should be concerned about having to haul there stuff up a flight of stairs and down a long hallway.
- Bed was comfortable and appeared clean.
- There was a flat screen TV (limited channels), fridge, microwave and a Keurig coffee machine with 4 K-cups. $1 for additional cups. The standard other items were also included.
We do not plan to revisit this hotel and our future stays will be Barclay Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are in Port Alberni for business or for recreation, we offer outstanding accommodation. Enjoy our year-round, covered, heated, outdoor, salt water pool and hot tub.Located between Nanaimo and the West Coast, the Pacific Rim National Park is our back yard. You can take a leisurely 90 minute drive to Tofino or Ucluelet, visit Long Beach and be back to the hotel in time for a swim. Or, stay over on your way to B.C.'S famous West Coast Trail. At The Hospitality Inn, we will meet your needs and exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Hospitality Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hospitality Hotel Port Alberni
- The Hospitality Hotel
- The Hospitality Inn Port Alberni, Vancouver Island