For the budget traveler wanting to take their family on a vacation, we stayed at the Somass Motel in August of 2011. We were pleasantly surprised. It looked warm & inviting on the internet, and even better in person. Our unit had a Queen bed room, a bathroom, a hide-a-bed in the living room, a kitchenette & dinette with a stove, fridge, microwave, pots, pans, utensils, coffee maker and also a gourmet pod coffee maker. In our room, there was a flat panel tv's, and another tv in the living room (for the kids), and clean new carpeting. There was a pool, but it was too cool to use it (even though it was August). And to our surprise, there was a Salmon Festival with Fireworks.
The owners are fantastic and go above and beyond customer service. We'll be back!
(Travel option only gave 1 year grace, it was August 2011 when we stayed)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Cottage Style Motel located in the heartland of Vancouver Island's Pacific Rim region. Our central location makes us the perfect base for daytrips throughout the area. Cruise the Alberni Inlet on the MV Lady Rose, ride the summer steam train out to McLean Mill National Historic Site. Our well appointed and air conditioned rooms include 1 and 2 bedroom fully equipped kitchen suites as well as standard rooms with fridge & microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Somass Motel & RV reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somass Hotel Port Alberni
- Somass Hotel Rv
- Somass Motel & RV Port Alberni, Vancouver Island