US$190
US$149
BestWestern.com
US$98
US$85
A-1 Alberni Inn(Port Alberni)
US$145
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$68
The Hospitality Inn(Port Alberni)
US$113
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$95
Swept Away Inn(Port Alberni)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$49
US$57
US$256
US$247
All reviewswalking distance to marinalaundry facilitiesswimming poolsummer monthsa great place to stayvancouver islandwe've stayedwould stay here againpleasant stayin townunitsbedsportbedroomdykehighwayvictoria
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We're always a bit sceptical when it comes to motels and (despite the good reviews for this one) we arrived on-site with not too many expectations. We were proved wrong!
The staff was very pleasant and accommodating, the semi-detached motel-'room' (little cottage) better than expected and the outdoor pool just great! In front of our 'room' there was a pic-nic table with a decent size (functioning!!!) umbrella, which we made well use of. Kitchen tools, (dish) towels, huge fridge, 2 TV's, well everything was there to secure a pleasant stay. The motel owner even provided body board, (soft) balls a.s.o. in the pool.
We regretted the fact that we only stayed there for one night. Well done, Somass!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have to say the Somass has to be one of my favourite places to stay now. The people that work there were so kind and friendly to me and my family, and made us feel welcomed. The room was small, but cozy and clean. The motel was surprisingly quiet and peaceful, so it was easier to fall asleep after such a long day on the road. Next time my family and I come to Port Alberni I will definitely come back to this place.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to see that the motel was far better than I expected. The room was far better than most 4 star hotel. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the service was next to none. We came across this place by accident but, we are happy that we did. This will be our place to stay next time we are at this area.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I didn't actually get the chance to stay at Somass as there was quite a silly mess up with our booking. I was travelling with my dad, and our booking confirmation clearly stated that we had reserved a room with two beds, but upon entering our room saw there was only one. There was no other vacancy at the motel and sharing a bed with my father was not really an appropriate solution.

I asked at the front desk why we didn't have the room we had reserved, and was told that we were 'upgraded' to a better room but they had not checked with us to see if one bed would do or not. This doesn't make sense to me, as if someone specifically asks for two beds, they want two beds, it should not be assumed that one will be okay, 'upgrade' or not.

This was not a great scenario for us at 9pm after over 13 hours on the road, but to be fair it was dealt with very well. The lady at the front desk immediately called another hotel to get us a room there instead (they had no more free rooms themselves) and her husband drove over with us to sort it out as we'd already paid for our room at Somass.

I probably wouldn't go back as I don't think it's really reasonable for that to happen, but from the brief glance I got at the place it looked quite nice. I would suggest calling before arrival to make sure you are getting what you've reserved!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This motel has full and partial RV hook up. There are a total of seven sites four full two partial and one no service as it is used for tenting. Reasonable rates and the site we were in was nicely shaded with trees. Has a nice pool. The area is clean and well kept. It is close to all amenities and the last motel/RV site until Ucluelet .quiet no fire pit
CG

Room Tip: We were using our camper however, the rooms were full the three days we were there. Book well in advance.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple