We have stayed at this motel for the past 4 years. Each of the first 3 years things went very well. Our room was made up and cleaned each day including fresh coffee and mints. This year was different. There are new owners of the hotel, even though they are very nice and courteous there housekeeping ideas are different then the last owners. The first day we did not ask for anything other than fresh towels, the next three days we asked for normal service, I guess their idea of normal service only includes making the bed. We did not get fresh sheets that we could tell any of our nights. The room was not vacuumed, the coffee service was not refreshed nor was the bathroom sink or counter cleaned.
After our great treatment by the previous owners this was a real let down. We usually tip our housekeeping staff but we did not during this stay. I hope that it is just growing pains because we have always enjoyed our stays at the Somass Motel. We will return next year and give it another chance but if things are the same we will not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Cottage Style Motel located in the heartland of Vancouver Island's Pacific Rim region. Our central location makes us the perfect base for daytrips throughout the area. Cruise the Alberni Inlet on the MV Lady Rose, ride the summer steam train out to McLean Mill National Historic Site. Our well appointed and air conditioned rooms include 1 and 2 bedroom fully equipped kitchen suites as well as standard rooms with fridge & microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Somass Motel & RV reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somass Hotel Port Alberni
- Somass Hotel Rv
- Somass Motel & RV Port Alberni, Vancouver Island