I was a little nervous about this because there were no reviews, but my frugal side won out and I booked because of the price. I was pleasantly suprised.
The owners take very good care of this property. It's spotlessly clean and possibly recently renovated. There are flower gardens everywhere, from which they cut fresh flowers for the rooms. There's also a PC in the lobby for quick internet access, and free ports in the rooms if you have your laptop. They also have numerous brochures and guides in the lobby to help plan your activities, and the owner is great about giving suggestions.
I even recommended this place to my mother-in-law!
But be sure you have the right place. There's also the Somass Guest House (a B&B just down the road), and the Somass Hotel (downtown, and looked scary).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Cottage Style Motel located in the heartland of Vancouver Island's Pacific Rim region. Our central location makes us the perfect base for daytrips throughout the area. Cruise the Alberni Inlet on the MV Lady Rose, ride the summer steam train out to McLean Mill National Historic Site. Our well appointed and air conditioned rooms include 1 and 2 bedroom fully equipped kitchen suites as well as standard rooms with fridge & microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Somass Motel & RV reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somass Hotel Port Alberni
- Somass Hotel Rv
- Somass Motel & RV Port Alberni, Vancouver Island