All reviews nice pool walking distance to marina laundry facilities swimming pool a great place to stay good nights sleep vancouver island we've stayed would stay here again pleasant stay rooms are clean in town units beds port bedroom dyke
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

So, the wife and I are heading back to Tofino again for my birthday week this year. This seems to be the only time I get around to posting reviews so here does a week of writing!

This Motel was recently purchased by a very nice family. We were planning on arriving at 10:30pm but my navigator (also know as the wife) fell asleep and I missed a turn off at Coombs and took and 30 KM detour.

The man at the desk was very pleasant and helpful and checked me in. The room has two doubles and the beds were comfy - got a good nights sleep!

Small TV mind you - and the wife tricked me into watching a horrible Hallmark movie...

Bathroom was decent - but don’t put white body lotion next to the shampoo, cause I’m gonna think it’s conditioner and use it that way!

Also - when you shower in the morning and think you might hear knocking on the door - GO AND CHECK! Cause it might be your wife that is locked out for 20 minutes and needs to use the bathroom....

She might be mad at me.

Also - the place is pet friendly. But it might be certain rooms - shhhhhhh ...our Chihuahuas are therapy dogs anyways...

There is a pool as well. I’m sure it’s wet and all that. Just happy the wife didn’t throw me in it when she locked herself out and blamed me for that ...I mean of course it was my fault. What was I thinking.

Good place - good price - nice staff. Recommend! Now onto Tofino!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
SomassMotel, General Manager at Somass Motel & RV, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Somass Motel & RV in Port Alberni.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Clean motel with a nice pool. The rooms are a bit dated and the bed a bit lumpy but is very clean and very quiet despite being on a main road.

The staff are helpful and did their best to make the stay enjoyable.

Would stay here again

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Your review is very important to us and we take our customers comments and suggestions very seriously.
We do apologize that we did not meet your expectations in regards to our property.
Please accept my apology.

We hope to welcome you back when you visit us again.

If you have any more feedback that you would like to share in regards to your stay,
please email me at info@somass-motel.ca.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We’ve stayed here multiple times, 3-4 times a year for the last 3 years. The staff is amazing, the rooms clean and very reasonably priced. I’ve never had a single complaint about anything with any of our stays. My children love it and play in the pool during the summer months

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Hi Shawna,

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Preferring to enjoy a leisurely drive to Long Beach and Tofino, stopping overnight in Port Alberni allows for a relaxing journey. Over the past few years, we've stayed at the Somass Motel and RV. Initially selected for the competitive rate offered, we have returned numerous times as the result of the remarkably clean rooms, the quiet surroundings, and the helpful and pleasant owners. There is the added bonus of being close to Victoria Quay where it's possible to watch bears walking along the opposing shoreline in the evening. This is a great place to stay. And you'll feel good about supporting people who are truly worthy of your business.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
SomassMotel, Manager at Somass Motel & RV, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Hi Stuart E,

Reviewed 29 April 2018

This is an older motel that has been recently updated. Nicely furnished, we had kitchenette with an induction stove.All worked well! Would highly recommend it. Convenient to things in town and to get away to Sproat or Central lake.

Stayed: April 2018
SomassMotel, Manager at Somass Motel & RV, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018