It would be easy to drive past this property and think, 'Nah -- probably not very good.' In fact, it IS very good. I'm told it was built in the 1950s, but it is completely up to date. I opened my door to a spotless room, new bedding, microwave, mini fridge, big bathroom -- even a flat-screen TV, although I don't typically watch TV on vacation. The lady who checked me in was polite, friendly and, most of all, very helpful. I did not have my car on this trip, but it quickly became apparent I would need one in Port Alberni to get around to the various sights. She called the local Budget agency, handed me her cell phone, and I took it from there. Slept great both nights. If you're hesitant about independent motels -- and I certainly was after a very bad experience several years ago -- it rates in about the middle of the Canada Select five-star system, and I would say that is accurate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Cottage Style Motel located in the heartland of Vancouver Island's Pacific Rim region. Our central location makes us the perfect base for daytrips throughout the area. Cruise the Alberni Inlet on the MV Lady Rose, ride the summer steam train out to McLean Mill National Historic Site. Our well appointed and air conditioned rooms include 1 and 2 bedroom fully equipped kitchen suites as well as standard rooms with fridge & microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Somass Motel & RV reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somass Hotel Port Alberni
- Somass Hotel Rv
- Somass Motel & RV Port Alberni, Vancouver Island