“Boomerangs Café a great place”
Review of Boomerangs Cafe

Boomerangs Cafe
Ranked #2 of 96 Restaurants in Port Alberni
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Australian, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: #1 Voted Best Breakfast, Sunday Brunch, Lunch, Casual Dining in Port Alberni, BC. Fully Licensed patio. Free WIFI. Free Delivery.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We took our German visitors to Boomerangs Café for brunch on our way home from to Sproat Lake. They loved the food and ambience and we loved the prices. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a great affordable meal, that's served with a smile:) We will definitely stop by next time we are up that way.

1  Thank Rosita D

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stopped here on the way to Pacific Rim and did not regret it. The decor of the little cafe is so adorable. I ordered the chipotle wrap which was AMAZING! The place was quite crowded and after we ordered it took a long time to receive our food. The woman who owns the cafe apologized many times telling us that they just hired new cooks since the others quit, and that they were having a difficult time adjusting. She generously took off 10% of our bill, which she didn't have to do! The food was phenomenal! Large portions. Our waitress was kind and kept our glasses full! Definitely recommended for a stop!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We don't go out much (But it was our anniversary) so we researched and found that this one sounded the most interesting. I ordered the Halibut Supreme and my Hubby the Prime Rib with the giant Yorkeshire. I knew by the size when it came, that I could easily break this into two meals and enjoy it again tomorrow. Not as easy as I thought though cause I had to use every last ounce of my will power not to eat every bite of fish right then! I was also really pleased with the vegies too, done just right and super tasty! Hubby on the other hand ate everything but one croqette and a few vegies. Great service and the owners were super nice as well! They are now #1 on our go to place!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I did not expect much as I did not like the last restaurant in this location ,Boy was I surprised it is not only clean and tidy the meals are so good .I go there any chance i can get it is so good.
Hubby who does not like to dine out likes it as well which is a miracle.
I have brought friends from Okatoks Alberta Austrailia and I will go with anyone that will come with me.
Chook Pot Pie and Yorkshire Dinner are two of my favorites I just can not say enough well done well done

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Not quite sure how to review this place. I don't want to be harsh just fair & honest. The servers were very friendly & attentive & overall did a good job.
Obviously being a cafe/ restaurant in Canada you need to cater to the taste of your predominate clientele & I assume this is Canadians & Americans. The food we ordered wasn't very Australian but again you have to cater to your customers. I ordered a burger & chips. Now an Aussie burger has a meat patty, a fried egg, beetroot, bacon, tomato, grilled onion, BBQ sauce etc with traditional Aussie/ English style fat chips & either a little chicken salt or vinegar. I got an American style cheeseburger & french fries (and respectfully to an Aussie cheeseburgers are a little bland, as was this meal). My wife ordered the Manly Salad - yikes - enough said. She ate about a few mouthfuls & gave up. The serving portions are very generous.
Again I don't want to be harsh, I can only imagine how hard it must be to dish up a bunch of high quality meals to hungry customers. If you are going to eat here expect a generous serving of pretty average North American diner type food with some Australian names thrown in. Boomerangs come back when thrown the right way, repeat customers only come back when the quality is good.

2  Thank Jason E