“Tasteless food and Family portraits !”
Review of Solda's Restaurant

Solda's Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 97 Restaurants in Port Alberni
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We went to this restaurant on our way to Tofino. Service was decent, the waitress did her best to please us. The food was tasteless. My son ordered a Pizza, he couldn't eat it, the toppings were gross. My chicken quesadilla was filled with huge pieces of peppers, 2 tiny crumbs of chicken, no dressing. All those frames , advertisement for a local photographer, filled with family pictures . That turns the restaurant into a creepy place.

2  Thank BabbyYYC

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Our hotel recommended the place so we gave it a try. The service was okay. We had to wait a lot and as for water refills etc. it wasn't automatic. I ordered the chef salad and it was deli meat toppings, not real ham, turkey and roast beef. I found the prices a bit more than I wanted to spend for that type of fare as well. The place wasn't busy. Seems to be a hit for seniors. Looks like they have a nice patio area so people might enjoy that. Kids menu doesn't include dessert and has very limited, young child type, choices.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our party consisted of three kids and four adults. The Server, Patty S., was GREAT! The food was average for all involved. There was only one thing on the menu that did not have citrus on it, I am allergic to citrus. Greek Salad without the dressing. This was the second Greek Salad in as many days...hummmmmm.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere and locale. Big windows to see what is happening in the world around you. Right next to Clutesi Marina and an off-leash dog park, there is lots to see. Food - another big plus. Well done and fast service. And good portions - for a guy my size. . . Well recommended for repeat business.

1  Thank Tony W
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Today I had lunch at Solda's and it was one of the worst meals I have had in a while. I was kept waiting, other customers who came after myself were waited on and received their meals before myself.
I had ordered a Shrimp melt and the Cream of Broccoli soup. The soup was very very salty. I then had a salad to replace the soup only to realize that the salad had been doused with salt too.
I guess that if your customers don't stay away because of too much salt they can eat there and have a stroke.. Either way the customer population will decline..How very sad when at one time the food at Solda's was good food..Not any more..sadly

3  Thank fantan78