Our family of five stayed at the resort for four nights, we stayed in cottage #167. We enjoyed our stay, the indoor pool is a definitely benefit as it was still cold in March, we did not use the onsite amenities cafe, yoga and spa -- I can see if it was a girls getaway the yoga and spa would be lovely.
Areas for improvement:
- guest followup, aside from check in we did not hear from the front desk staff for the remainder of our stay, I lost one of the two key cards assigned to us when I requested a replacement it was provided reluctantly, I travel a lot for business and these key cards are relatively inexpensive to replace, accidents happen, things get misplaced. A phone call or visit at the end of the first day or at the beginning of the second day would have a nice touch for short or long term stay to check in
- overall rules and guidelines, as a family at this property we didn't have any issues with the posted rules, quiet time was 10pm to 8am, the generic please be gentle with the in cottage materials/equipment was also fine. The only "ask" that I would find fault with is the final kitchen clean that dishes should be clean and cleared. We have traveled to vacation homes and resorts and the most common expectation is that the guest load the last dirty dishes and turn on the dishwasher upon leaving, we had dinner at the cottage in the evening as we cleaned up before we left we would not have time to wait for the 1.5 hours for the dishwasher to be done and put the items away. We did the dishes by hand due to time and after three full days of meals we ran through the 3 complimentary dishwasher detergent provided, while I don't think you would leave a full tub of supplies available the supplies should be provided according to length of stay and the number of guests. This last point, I think left a poor last impression of the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanside Village is a convenient Parksville resort situated on a beautiful 15 acre property offering various styles/sizes of new cottages sleeping from 1-8 persons in Parksville's resort area. Each cottage boasts all the comforts of home, coming fully equipped with 6 appliances, 2-3 TV's, DVD players, large open concept rooms with vaulted ceilings and field stone fireplaces. Enjoy the outdoors on your front and back decks which come with patio furniture and your own BBQ. This unique development features thoughtfully designed luxury cottages within easy walking distance to nearby lush forest trails and miles of sandy beaches to explore Rathtrevor Provincial Park. Located within our Resort is an indoor pool with hot tub and fitness centre. Also a Day Spa & Salon, Tea/Coffee House & Clothing Boutique. Riptide Lagoon Adventure Park is located next door and our area also hosts four first class golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oceanside Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanside Village Hotel Parksville
- Oceanside Village Resort Parksville, Vancouver Island, Canada