“Beautiful beach views from the right room”

Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Parksville
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Beautiful beach views from the right room”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

A resort hotel which has apartment style rooms for couples and families. Some have full cooking facilities. All have coffee makers kettles plates cups etc. 2 large beds in each room and free wifi and dvd and plasma tv. Good bathroom facilities but quite small. Very clean and well looked after. The lower rooms on floors 1 and 2 are best which look directly over the ocean. They have a nice deck. Other rooms look onto the busy rd and other rooms - dont get ! Check in so polite you would not believe it !!!! The restaurant is good but service was very slow. 45mins to wait for prawns and chicken !!! Valet parking is good. The beach is wonderful and warm to swim in when tide is in. Would stay again.

Room Tip: ocean view rooms on lower floors
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Erik B, Director of Rooms at Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Good Day RMGC
Thank you for your comments posted on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate guest feedback. I will let the front desk and valet staff know about your comments. The oceanview rooms do have a spectacular vantage point to see the beach and ocean.
Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Korean first
Calgary
Reviewed 8 August 2012

stayed here for four nights...excellent location and worth the money if you are just going to park yourselves here and not move...the beach is great for little kids...tide goes way out all day and comes in in the early evening, so it is very safe for little kids.
We stayed in a non-view room on the fourth floor. It was spacious, nicely furnished, clean and even had a small balcony from which we did have a beach view..
The kitchenette was well appointed...
However, if you are going to travel around and just come home to the hotel to sleep, then you can find a cheaper place to hang out. If you are going to stay put and enjoy the location, then it is worth while.
Staff were nice and friendly and most helpful too.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Erik B, Director of Rooms at Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Good Day MAMCalgary
Thank you for your postings on TripAdvisor.
I am so glad you enjoyed the beach and surrounding area in Parksville. I wil personally pass on your comments to the staff about their service.
victoria, bc
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed here in June and enjoyed our main floor ocean facing room. The beds are very comfortable, rooms clean and coffee left to make in the morning was appreciated. The only complaint is the extremely noisy ventilation/heating system. It could not be left on when you were in the room and certainly not when you were sleeping. It wasn't too warm in June so it was ok not having air circulating during the night - being on the main floor, didn't want to leave the sliding door open for air. Yes, I would stay at the hotel again, but would check out the ventilation system in the room first!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sheret
Erik B, Director of Rooms at Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Good Day Sheret,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. The location and views at the resort are amazing. I am so happy that you found the beds confortable as we are in the business of selling sleep. I will report the air conditiong concerns to the maintenance department. At the resort we do have staff on 24 hours a day to address any issues guests may have during your stay. Thank you again and we look forward welcoming you back to the resort.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I was traveling with my partner through Vancouver Island and stopped here for two nights. We had one of the rooms (not the apartments). The room was nicely furnished, had plenty of space, two very comfortable beds, a large balcony facing the beach, a small kitchenette (fridge, sink and coffee making facilities / nothing to prepare any food) and a small bathroom.

I slept here very well and could not hear any neighbours. The receptionist was friendly and house keeping was good. The room had one of theses safes which you have to reset, otherwise you lock it with the combination of the previous guest. As I read the instructions AFTER locking the safe I locked our valuables and couldn't get them out anymore. Somebody from reception got me help pretty quickly.

What I didn't like that much was that due to the restaurant ventilation it was often smelling of food outside.

The breakfast was good and had normal Canada hotel prices (which I find are always high).

We also used the Spa for a Swedish massage. The massage was good. However, the facilities are not that big and there is not an area where you can nicely sit after your massage and sip a herbal tea while you get back to 'normal'.

All in all I liked this hotel with a reasonable value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Erik B, Director of Rooms at Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Good Day Kbuk1:
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the resort. Unfortnately with ventilation systems there are sometimes that odours can be detected. I am happy that you found the room beds comfortable.

Thank you for staying with us in Parksville, BC
Sincerely
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I just finished my stay in last week. We stay in the garden view room with kitchen. The room's property are good. But the room's view is very bad which our fifth floor is facing to the other building's roof and have great noice by the air fan ( on the roof) . There is no sign for the parking to show how to get out from the parking gate, while the sensor is not worked very well. The worst part is the housekeeping . First the room was not clean enough, they can left the dirty flat sheet on the floor after clean up. Second , they won't give you back the robe while mine one was dirty. Third a lot of stuffs were missing to refill, like paper towel, shampoo set, soap,.Coffee, box tissue,....Forth, there is no manager to appoligise or explain after I had told them about this. I can say ,it is not up to the hotel standard that I never happened before.
The facility is limited, the indoor pool is very small. I can say ,it is not worth for CAD 350 per night

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cherry D
Good Day Cherry D,
Thank you for your frank comments about your recent stay at The Beach Club Resort. We do have several different room views available and I see that you had opted for a resort view suite. I am very sorry that housekeeping did not meet expectations during your stay. I fully understand your comments and I have addressed the issues personally with housekeeping about making sure the guest suites are completely cleaned each day. Nothing can make a stay more unsatisfactory when the suite is not properly presented upon arrival and then even more frustrating when issues occur during your stay.
Once again please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties you experienced during your stay.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We (2 adults and a teen) spent a weekend at the Beach Club Resort a couple of weeks ago. We splurged for a 1 BR ocean view room -- expensive on a summer weekend ($400/night including taxes) but we needed a getaway. If the ocean views are important to you, the extra cost is necessary. The non-ocean view rooms pretty much overlook the quiet side street leading to the property, the parking, a strip of grass...none of the views are unpleasant (depending on how you feel about parking) but you could just as easily be at a less-expensive property further from the oceanfront.

So back to the unit. The size was reasonable, with everything a family might want. Air conditioning was a big plus as that's unusual to find in Parksville. The kitchen was complete and had a comfortable cork floor and high-end appliances. There is a full bathroom off the bedroom with long, deep soaker tub and a separate glass shower big enough for you and three of your closest friends...but only a standard shower head, which was one of the few mid-market touches I saw in this unit. The toilet is in a separate room within the bathroom (also nice for families). There is a separate powder room with toilet and sink near the kitchen.

Stacking washer/dryer, a large storage closet off the hall and a gas fireplace were also nice touches. There were moderate sized flat screen TVs in the living room and bedroom; there was a DVD player in the bedroom and I think there was one in the LR also. My teen reported that the sofabed was very comfortable and felt like a "real" bed.

This unit was all about the views. We booked ocean view and were not disappointed. The windows are huge and look directly onto the beach, which is steps in front of the two-story building that we were in. There is a tower behind our building which had privately-owned condos, and looked like part of the same complex. Only the very top floors on one side would have had an ocean view.

We had a decent-sized balcony with doors leading onto it from both the living room and the bedroom. It had a round table and four "plastic-wicker" chairs. I missed the lack of a lounger or footstool outside; the setup was good for meals but not my ideal for reading or sitting to watch the ocean.

The service was a little spotty -- valet was requested to help with our bags on arrival and departure, and both times we were kept waiting for over half an hour. Both times the young men who arrived apologized profusely and told me they hadn't been told that we were waiting for them. They clearly have some staff communication issues to work out. However, the inconvenience was balanced out by the notably friendly and sincere attitudes of every person I spoke with. Nobody was going through the motions; every person I met was really doing their best (um, short of asking the valet to help us with our bags!) to take care of us.

We'll be back...but probably when the rates drop later in the year!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms have magnificent panoramic ocean views, but consider the extra cost.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Erik B, Director of Rooms at Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 28 July 2012
Good Day mygirlscats

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. The views from the ocean view suites are amazing. I am sorry that you had to wait for so long for valet and bell service. I appreciate your comments as we can only learn from guest feedback. We look forward seeing you again at The Beach Club Resort.
Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Arriving almost 2 hours early for check in due to faster travel times, They gave me a call almost 15 mins later that our room was ready. Very helpful. Dinner in the restaurant was delicious and got great friendly service from waiter "mark". Every employee of the hotel that we passed walking welcomed us with smiles.

Good Day Blair,
Thank you for the great comments posted on TripAdvisor. I will make sure Mark sees your comments.
Thank you again and we look forward welcoming you back the resort.
Director of Rooms
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parksville
Quality Resort Bayside
#1 of 13 in Parksville
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
#4 of 13 in Parksville

Been to Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts? Share your experiences!