“A great place to visit during the winter.”

Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Parksville
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“A great place to visit during the winter.”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I had another great stay at the Beach Club. I really didn't think that the winter would be a great time to visit, but since the hotel is so cozy, it can be a nice mini-vacation.

As always the staff are friendly and welcoming. I would recommending taking your bathing suit and going for a swim. The boardwalk is always open, but it can be hit or miss with the weather.

We had a one bedroom suite which is nice. Especially with the fireplace. The food in the restaurant was good. Will definitely be going back again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Arthur W, General Manager at Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear sjcan8119,

Thank you for the great feedback about your stay with us. It's great to read that you love our facilities, food and the service our team provides. Agreed, our One Bedroom Suites with real fireplaces are truly ideal places to snuggle up in front of during a cold winter's night. My team and I hope to see you on another mini-vacation soon.

Arthur Wong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The Beach Club is a lovely hotel with a beautiful view, but the reason I keep coming back is for the restaurant and I have to thank Chef Rick for that! He is an amazing chef that provides the best food at any restaurant in my opinion. Whether ordering from the menu or customizing something to your needs, he excels and exceeds any expectations that you may have. The food is local and fresh and you can taste the quality of his food. He has made dishes that I don't normally eat and make me fall in love with it. This restaurant is lucky to have him and I am lucky to be a customer!

• Stayed August 2013
Arthur W, General Manager at Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Valeri_K23,

Thank you for spending the time to rate and review our hotel, The Beach Club Resort. I'm excited to read your feedback about Rick our Chef and that you thoroughly enjoyed his delicious creations. I'm also glad to read that you were able to experience the versatility of our culinary team as they tailor made dishes on the menu according to your desires. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at The Beach Club Resort.

Parksville, Canada
Reviewed 26 November 2013

All I can say this is my favorite place on the island!!! Every time I eat at the restaurant I have a better experience than the last all thanks to the amazing Chef Rick Davidson.. Ty to the amazing staff as well ...,

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Mariana2020,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your visit last month. I'm thirlled to read that you enjoyed the service levels provided by my team here at The Beach Club Resort as well as the culinary delights which Rick our Chef delivers in the waterfront setting of our Pacific Prime restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again shortly.

Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 23 November 2013

If you want relaxation and luxury surroundings, a nice getaway with wonderful views of the ocean, then this place will give you all of this. We felt totally relaxed and enjoyed all the features of the suite. Living room with fireplace and large windows providing panoramic views of the beach and sea, fully stocked kitchen, very large master bedroom and very large luxury bathroom with robes. We loved it all including the heated parking area.

Room Tip: Get the ocean view of course.
Dear Chuckferg,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review The Beach Club Resort. I'm glad that all of our features within the suite exceeded your expectations especially the panoramic views overlooking the beach and Salish Sea. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I had a 7th floor corner room overlooking the ocean with very large windows on two sides and a large patio that must have been 10x10 ft. with a table & 4 chairs set up. The bed was very comfortable, the temperature controls were accurate, strong water pressure and very friendly staff. This hotel is right on the beach and also across the street from downtown so it's very convenient. The only negative was that they don't have a 'TV Listings' channel on the TV so I had no idea what was showing but the front desk kindly printed off a computer printout for me.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Arthur W, General Manager at Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear RedRose55,

Thank you for taking the time in providing us feedback about your most recent visit to The Beach Club Resort. It was refreshing for me to read that my team's exemplary service was well received as we strive to achieve our mission of delivering exceptional resort experiences. I am also glad you loved the fact that our resort is just steps away from the sandy beachs of Parksville and that our suites are well appointed and fully equipped. I also wanted to thank you for your suggestion pertaining to a TV channel guide which we are currently in the process of producing. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Gorgeous hotel but missed a lot of the little things that make the stay perfect. I went up island with my boyfriend and stayed one night in an ocean view studio. We were checked in fairly fast, the front desk clerk was friendly but didn't seem to give us much information. The other receptionist seemed to offer more information while checking in guests. Our room was great we had a wonderful view of the ocean and a patio out to a grassy area (first floor suite). However we did not have a t.v. remote, blow-dryer, and our mini fridge seemed out of place due to the fact it rocked back and forth. Maintenance thankfully brought us a new remote, that still had its problems, and a blow-dryer. The beds are very comfortable and we had a great sleep. For breakfast we went to the Pacific Prime restaurant and surprisingly was very disappointed. The menu had great options that looked delicious but what came out was not what we expected. We both ordered eggs benny that came out semi warm not cooked to our specifications with little to no hollandaise, which was not even thick just runny liquid. Overall for the price it was not what we expected.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Arthur W, General Manager at Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Mariah N.,
Thank you for providing feedback pertaining to your previous stay with us. Without feedback be it positive or negative we would definitely not be able to strive to deliver exceptional resort experiences for all of our guests. There is absolutely no reason for the missing items from within your room or the quality of the eggs benedict you had the following morning but rest assured your comments have been implemented within our training activities so that we can prevent them from re-occurring in the future. I'm sure that you'll notice a vast improvement on your next visit which I hope will be soon.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Recenty returned to the Beach Club Resort for a weekend getaway. The property is beautiful and the view second to none. Rooms were breathtaking - beds and tubs to die for. BUT.... I can't give this 5 stars because too many little details were missed. I had emailed days previous to our arrival requesting an early check in as the check in is 4pm and after a ferry trip and drive up Island, my elderly mother just wanted to put her feet up. Although we were only 90 minutes early, our room was unavailable. We were asked for a phone number so they could contact us when it was ready but elected to sit in the lobby and wait. Very frustrating to see what appeared to be an entire soccer team checked in upon arrival while we sat until 3:30. Strike 1. We had adjoining rooms to make a 2 bedroom suite but robes were only found in one room. Coffee, milk, etc. were not replenished in the 2nd room, we reported the TV remote wasn't functioning and although they said they'd be right back with a new remote, none appeared until we called later in the day. The bathroom toiletries were not replenished either, although we were staying the two nights. Strike 2. The final strike was experiencing the unsupervised kids at the pool and gym. Front desk staff visited once and asked the kids to stay out of the gym. The kids then returned to the pool and/or gym - barefoot on the treadmills and "Marco Polo" in the pool - without an adult in sight. When we left we visited the Front Desk to alert them and they replied that they knew - had talked to them twice already - and did WE know their room number". Strike 3.
A great resort with great amenities and potential, but think staff would really benefit from additional training - which in turn would make the stay much more enjoyable. It is the nicest place in Parksville, but I hope they continue to improve and not slip further into neutral.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear AlyceTripp,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your previous stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed our lavish and spacious guestrooms as well as the spectacular and unobstructed view of the sea. However, please accept my apologies for the service you received. Rest assured we are curently implementing additional training for all of our colleagues so that they can all better handle situations such as the ones you mentioned. I'm sure that on your next visit to The Beach Club Resort that you'll see a marked improvement from this past experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.