“Amazing accommodation right on the beach!”

Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Parksville
Reviewed 20 August 2014

For about the past 6 years we have been staying at the Beach Club Resort in the summer, and have yet to be disappointed. When you arrive you are greeted by their very professional and courteous staff.
The suites are spacious, clean and the easy access to the beach is wonderful with children.
We have stayed in many suites through out the hotel property and have liked each and every room.
We have used the spa and found them to be professional and accommodating as well.
Great family get away.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms are great if you have children, but if you don't want to see children running...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Arthur W, General Manager at Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Nicole S,

It was great to read that The Beach Club Resort has gone 6 for 6 and we're looking forward to going 7 for 7 next year. Thank you for sharing your recent experience with me. I loved reading that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay and especially the service you encountered throughout our resort. See you next year!

Arthur Wong

Write a ReviewReviews (1,301)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was our first trip to Parksville with two little boys and it was AMAZING.
The hotel's location couldn't be better at the north end of the boardwalk. Our ground floor, one bedroom unit had huge windows with a stunning view of the ocean (it seems all units do as they all face the beach). It was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. The kitchen was well equipped with dishes and tools (but didn't have any salt&pepper etc). The pull out couch was comfortable enough for the kids. There were SMALL TVs in both the living and bedroom. They provided coffee, dish and laundry soap.
The GIANT community park is at the other end of the boardwalk (5 min walk) with a great playground and spray park, concession stand and lots of shaded picnic tables.
The pool is indoor, smaller than I expected, and had a strong chemical smell that burned my eyes, so we didn't use it, but with good weather and so many amazing things to do outdoors, we didn't miss it at all.
We also did not eat in the restaurant, but the patio looked lovely and everyone seemed to be enjoying it.
I'd be sure to pack:
Lots of beach/sand toys, water shoes, A shade tent, Cooking spices/oil etc

Room Tip: Ground floor units step out onto the lawn beside the boardwalk. They're not very private because...

Dear JRS21,

I hope this was the first of many, many family vacations with your 2 young boys as it looks as though the entire family thoroughly enjoyed their stay with us at The Beach Club Resort. Thank you for taking the time to share you and your family's experience with me. We are very fortunate to be the only beachfront resort in Parksville and to be conveniently located to all facilities within Parksville. As I mentioned at the start, we look forward to seeing you and your family back very soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Fantastic hospitality. Upon arriving we were sent to a room that had not been made up. I called down and to make up for their mistake they upgraded us to a penthouse suite (absolutely stunning view and great room) and gave us free drink coupons in the restaurant while they got the room ready. There was also a problem with the elevator not working while we were there. We could have used the stairs, but instead they offered us a gift cert for the restaurant so we could wait 20 minutes and get some food while the elevator got fixed. Desk staff was very friendly and helpful when we had questions. Free bike rentals at the hotel were awesome. Location is great (beach and boardwalk are great, park at the end of the boardwalk, centre of Parksville just minutes away). Restaurant was quite good as well. Portions were generous and tasty local food, again with great service. Value wise, if we had stayed in the room we had booked instead of being upgraded (oceanview studio I think it was) probably would not have been quite as happy with the value as the view from there was far more limited. I would buck up and get one of the top rooms to get best value. Oh, bed was great too.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mike M,

Thank you for sharing the wonderful experience you had recently at The Beach Club Resort. It was great to read that my team were able to recover from the initial hiccup and were able to ensure you had a delightful experience for the remainder of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for another couple's retreat here in Parksville, see you soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Exceptional staff and service from check in, to the restaurant, to the cleaning staff. Restaurant was amazing - fantastic choices and superb tasting entrees. Beautiful views, rooms were extremely clean.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Holly E,

It was fantastic to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Beach Club Resort. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me especially your compliments about our fantastic views, our immaculate rooms, our fantastic restaurant and of course the service levels we strive to provide here at The Beach Club Resort. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back sooner than later.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel has lovely views and really, really, excellent staff. We stayed for one night, on an impulse. Given their prices, I feel compelled to say that I would not call this a luxury resort, exactly, except for the views. The room was fine, but it was not a "luxury" room. The amenities in the room were fine, but not the sort of amenities one might expect for over $300 per night for a very small ocean-view room. However, the pool, though small, is immaculately clean and a very nice temperature. The hotel is right on the beach. The beds were clean and very comfortable. The room was absolutely spotless. We called down three times with requests - for ice, extra towels, and coffee. Each time, someone showed up at our door with what we needed, and a smile, in less than five minutes. The problem we had was the very noisy wedding, complete with drunk people singing loudly (and badly) and cigarette smoke drifting up into our room, right underneath us until well after midnight. We specifically requested a quiet room. Next time, I will try to be more specific about what I mean by "quiet." :) I have stayed all over the world at many very nice hotels and was generally impressed. They apologized for the noise and reduced our bill a little bit ($75.00 off of the final bill). That was definitely appreciated (though the quiet room we asked for would have been far more appreciated, especially by our small child). Acknowledging that we did book on short notice and perhaps this was the best they could do re. the room assignment, we will be back.

1  Thank RinCanada

Dear RinCanada,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Beach Club Resort with me. It was great to read that you loved most aspects of your stay ranging from our spectacular views, our pool facilities, our cleanliness and especially the engaged team I have here. My apologies with regards to the noise you experienced from the wedding party but am glad that my front desk team were able to resolve this concern for you. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We loved our time at the Beach Club; the view was absolutely stunning, the rooms & service exceeded our expectations, the location right on the beach could not be any better. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sherri L
Arthur W, General Manager at Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Sheri L,

Thank you for a wonderful review based on your recent stay with us at The Beach Club Resort. It was fantastic to read that you loved our spectacular ocean views, our spacious and beautifully appointed suites, our wonderful location but most importantly my team's fantastic service. Great to also read that you will be back as we all look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The photos, and price, of this resort make it look like a LUXURY accommodation but we felt that the photos completely oversold the resort to what it actually is - a Holiday Inn on the water. Yes... You are paying for the EXTREMELY expensive room (for us $275/night with a tiny room and view of the parking lot) because of the location. You are right on the beach in Parksville which is great. There is free bicycle rentals which is also great. The rooms, service and actual resort itself was very standard for that price. The gym was TINY in comparison to the photos, about the size of our hotel room and the indoor pool was much smaller than pictured. For the price, we were very disappointed with this "luxury hotel". A standard, okay hotel on the beach.

Room Tip: Make SURE you get a view of the ocean, like we thought we were getting, so that you get your money...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea S

Dear Andrea S,

Thank you taking the time to share your feedback with me about your recent stay with us at The Beach Club Resort. I wished that your entire stay was absolutely fantastic and wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for my team not explaining at time of reservation and at check in the variety of room types we have. Given that the Summer season in Parksville is rather busy I would always recommend to reserve early especially if you want one of our rooms with a fantastic ocean view. With regards to our facilities such as our heated indoor pool and fitness centre I'm sure you would agree with me that they are more than sufficient for the number of guests using them. I don't believe I've ever seen all of the machines occupied or the pool near half capacity. I do hope to see you back again and we can definitely show you the various rooms we have which I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised with, see you soon.

Arthur Wong

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parksville
Quality Resort Bayside
Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort
Ocean Sands Resort
Ocean Sands Resort
#2 of 13 in Parksville

Been to Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts? Share your experiences!