“Still one our favourite Parksville restaurants!”

Bread and Honey Food Co
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Parksville
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: We wanted a comfortable place for our community and families to dine. Five days a week we offer breakfast and lunch featuring brunch items Saturday & Sunday. Located on Harrison Avenue in Parksville, our menus feature local, sustainable, and seasonal Pacific Northwest ingredients. We are lucky enough to live in one of the most beautiful parts of the world and we want to celebrate it!
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Still one our favourite Parksville restaurants!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We have been here a few times since the new owners took over in January. Today we had the most delicious Hungarian mushroom soup, a scone with herbs, and a pot roast panini. The panini was filled with a pot roast dinner: home-cooked beef, carrots, potatoes and brussels sprouts. And it was only $5 for half, which was ample. Really creative and tasty. I do miss Laurie and Val and their "motherly" touches but I think the new owners are doing a great job!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank jmac5959

Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

tried passing through to the mountain, fresh and tasty, good for a bite before a ski! Would go back...

Visited April 2014
Parksville, Canada
“Great fresh bread made daily”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Went with my son for lunch had a great BLT panini, the soup was delicious as well, carrot and fennel. Its a young couple just starting out and trying new receipts, every day it's different delight. Hopefully this Reasturant will continue to grow and continue with the variety of soups and paninis.
The fresh bread was delicious not your plain white by any means , I recommend going and trying it out .

• Visited March 2014
Parksville, Canada
“No clue what these people are talking about below!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have come here several times since the new owners took over and I have to say I am impressed. I was concerned that with a staff changeover I might have to say goodbye to what has been one of my favourite lunch spots but I couldn't even tell the difference... Bread and Honey is STILL good homemade food!! I spend less here than I do when I buy Subway or Quiznos, I haven't seen any processed meat and the mushroom soup was the best I've ever had. If they have apple fritter bites in stock do yourself a favor and try one (or three). I would (and do) recommend this place to anyone looking for a fresh and tasty lunch, and I just hope that if the new owners see the other reviews they don't take it personally- some people just like to complain! :(

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Amber M
“Cute but overpriced”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

If you could give half ratings this would really be a 2.5

We tried it for an early lunch after seeing good reviews. Unfortunately, we were disappointed. The panini was a couple of slices of deli turkey meat with some plain cheese and field greens (which should never be served hot - yuck). The tomato soup was average and the coffee was no better. The place was quaint but lacked the food quality to provide any reason to go there especially considering the price. This could be a really cool farm to table type restaurant but it isn't.......

1 Thank RoverTrex