“Great Pizza; Bad Pasta”

Ranked #32 of 102 Restaurants in Parksville
Vancouver Island, BC
“Great Pizza; Bad Pasta”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I work at a local hotel, and a lot of guests ask for restaurant recommendations. When they ask for suggestions on where to order pizza, I list the various franchises we have in town and then suggest that if they would like good, LOCAL pizza, they should try Pizza Connection. Because their pizza is a refreshing change from the usual fare you get elsewhere. Their dough is well textured and not too greasy. Their sauce is just right. The price is on the slightly higher side of average, but it’s worth it. It’s real food.

Their pasta, on the other hand, is entirely average. In fact, I was recently tempted by a delicious looking photo of a slice of lasagna that they have on their website, so I added a baked lasagna to our order. I should have known better. The photo on their website shows a home-style lasagna with layers of pasta, sauce, cottage or ricotta cheese, topped with regular cheese, then baked in a pan or sheet before being sliced to serve. The photo must be a stock photo because the actual product bears no resemblance to the photo. It’s just a bunch of flat pasta, cooked, cut into strips, tossed with sauce, topped with cheese and baked in a take-out container. In other words, baked spaghetti using cut up flat pasta instead of spaghetti noodles. Not what they show on their website. Not cool. Not impressed.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank LadyIslayErrington

Errington, Canada
“The only place I ever order pizza from”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This is the best pizza in Parksville by far!!! I won't go anywhere else to buy pizza! The chicken ranch pizza is my favorite, unfortunately my daughter and partner like it too so now I have to share it! The meat pizzas are great as well, you can order anything you want and they will make it. I have been getting pizza here for 5 years and they have now ruined it for me to go anywhere else, even when I am out of town I won't eat pizzza because nothing compares to pizza connection! I live 20 min away from the pizza shop and about 6 months ago I ordered it for pick up but forgot to bring my wallet to pay, I was going to drive back home to get it and the owner said not to worry just call with credit card number when I got home!!! I didn't know there were any businesses anymore that trusted their customers like this! the most amazing pizza and personal customer care!
it's not 2 for one but the pizza is so thick and full of toppings that it is like having 2 pizza's because it fills you up!

• Visited November 2011
4 Thank anna1760
Parksville, Canada
“The Food (especially the ribs) and the Service were excellent”
Reviewed 4 December 2010

We ordered ribs, chicken, lasagne, spagetti, salad, garlic bread and a apple pie pizza. It really was delicious, The food was hot. The price was good for the amount of food we got, we had enough leftovers for 2 more meals. Nice to be able to order something other than pizza. One of the owners phoned us to see if we enjoyed our meal.(That was a nice) Fanastic customer service and the delivery was prompt also.

5 Thank snowy055