“Great View...Average Room”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Parksville
Cobble Hill, Canada
“Great View...Average Room”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Short visit, less then 12 hours. I arrived at night so I was unable to see the ocean view I knew was there. Woke up to the sun rise and the ocean only feet away. What a view! The room itself was adequate. Large, meticulously clean, and bed was comfortable with duvet and triple sheeting. Dated decor, TV very outdated. Only experience with Hotel staff was at check-in, polite but not overly friendly.

Overall happy with the stay. I would gladly return if I need to spend the night in Parksville.

Room Tip: Room facing the ocean, 3rd floor
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Cat K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Wow is the only word to describe the view from my room. I arrived at night so I was unable to see what awaited me in the morning; talk about a million dollar view. A balcony overlooking the ocean with the bay not 100 feet away.
Do yourself a favour and stay here. Next time it will be for a week and not just a day.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Tombassinger
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed in an oceanfront room for one night with my son and small dog. The view was very nice and the bed was surprisingly very comfortable. That is about all I can say positive about this hotel. The front desk staff seemed very inexperienced and had trouble with the computer on check-in and check-out. The evening receptionist berated me for allowing my dog to pee on an outside post near the front of the hotel. She was quite irate and said that now she would have to hose it off! I am sure my dog was not the first to relieve himself in that spot, and I think she could have handled it much more professionally. The banging from the cleaning staff upstairs in the morning was so loud that it shook our ceiling and woke us up, and alarmed our dog. There was no fridge or microwave in the room and you had to ask at the front desk for ice. Parksville is a beautiful area, and I would recommend staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: A top floor, ocean view room would be the best choice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Teadro
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Twice in one morning on the day we were checking out, a worker knocked on our door and shouted , "Housecleaning". I spoked loudly without opening the door that we were not ready to leave, about 30 minutes later she did the same thing. This was all before 9:30, our checkout time was 11:00. We were still in bed sleeping. We mentioned this incident to the front desk clerk as we were checking out. She didn't have much of a response. It seems like the look in her face was saying, "So, what's wrong with that?"

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Norman L
New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed 9 November 2013

While staying at this hotel I found the bed to be very comfortable. The room was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The food in the Bistro was very good and the wings in the bar were also good.The view from the restaurant is stunning!
One note, my room had no fridge or microwave. Some of my colleagues had a fridge though.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room. The view is stunning!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Yukonlass
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I was lucky enough to stay in this hotel on the Parksville Bay this last week while at a CUPE course. I just have to say, the beds were incredibly comfortable.
Everything was nice and clean, and no ugly or gross bedspreads but nice white duvets with sheet covers and neatly folded coverlets across the bottom.
The staff kept the room meticulously clean with their daily visit. Although I didn't face the ocean, a sister did and the view was spectacular!
The food in the bistro was served to us buffet style and it was all delicious. Well, I personally wasn't a fan of the eggs, but those are hard to keep nice in a buffet.
But best of all were the staff! Every one of them that I dealt with was friendly, efficient and eager to be helpful.
I highly recommend this hotel to any who want to stay in a quality establishment with an incredible view and great customer service. As an added bonus, it's organized, so you know the union members working there are being treated fairly and paid decent wages. You can see it in their satisfaction in their work.

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view room on the 2nd or 3rd floor. You won't believe the view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Holly P
coquitlam, british columbia
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night and that was enough to never return. The rooms themselves are ok- I did get bit by something on my neck, however. The walls are paper thin as well- and very few channels are provided to watch on tv. I wanted to check out at 12 but wasn't allowed: "No you may not." Was my only answer. Even the worst hotel in the world allows noon check-out - I didn't see people lined up to check in so I don't know what the problem was. I was a quiet professional on business by myself- so it wasn't as though I had created a problem. Another note- myself and several colleagues had joined up in their bar before dinner- the men in the group were groped and harangued by the (seemingly inebriated) waitress and made all of us very uncomfortable. It was a cheap place to stay if that's all you want.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank tromponya

Travellers are raving about these Parksville hotels