“Good Hotel”

Quality Resort Bayside
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Parksville
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed in a suite with a king size bed, facing the ocean with a terrific view. Although the hotel is older and in need of some updating, we found the location to be excellent. The room itself was quite comfortable and the views spectacular! It was a bit of a walk to the beach however found it to be quite enjoyable since we enjoy the walking and exploring. When the tide is out, one can walk for miles it seems.

Room Tip: After reading some of the other comments, I would suggest a waterfront room. We did not require A/C...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I spent one dreadful night at the Quality Resort Bayside. We arrived and was somewhat surprised at the quality of the lobby, it was pretty nice. The experience goes downhill quickly. While waiting to check in, a large, very wet dog shakes off in the lobby, several employees present, nobody seems to care... I carry on, and check in. My room was very surprising, was like stepping back in time. Twin bed, no Air Conditioning (it is VERY HOT inside and outside) and to top it off, it smells horribly like wet dog. I call to complain, am informed the hotel is full, nothing can be done. I can't remember the last time I've seen a twin bed, I couldn't believe it, and no Air Conditioning??? Where am I???? I did notice that the rooms with patios on the back of the building had AC. So, hot room, smelly room, and two people stuffed in a childs bed... it was amazing. I honestly considered spending the night in the car.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chrisitout
MKP71, Director of Sales at Quality Resort Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

We are looking into putting A/C in all the rooms, all ocean view rooms do have A/C however the standard rooms right now do not. In regards to the twin bed? We do not have twin beds, we do have double beds, queen beds and kings.

We are Fido friendly and located right on the ocean.

Again, on behalf of our entire team, we apologize any inconvenience you experienced.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was the most awful hotel experience I've ever had. Got to our room after family reunion and there was a fresh blood stain on sheet. The front desk finally found us some new sheets and my boyfriend had to help them make the bed at 11:00pm. Then when I crawled into bed after all this I noticed that there was a huge crusty blood like stain on the actual duvet blanket which they don't put covers on. I went back to the front desk again this time at 11:30pm and the guy totally disregarding what was going on and said he would look for a new duvet. 20mins later he came to the room with no blanket. He said he couldn't find them. So pretty much we had to sleep with no blanket. Until 12:20am he comes back and knocks on the door with the duvet. All they did in the morning was take $15 off the bill. Diana said "that's all I have been instructed to do...you already got a good rate on the room". I am going to fight this until I get fully refunded.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Frequentk
MKP71, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Resort Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

It was disheartening to read the review, since our Housekeeping Manager of 29 years and her team have always exceeded the guests and the hotels expectations. Being a family owned business, they were happy to accommodate your full refund request and believe in their hotel. Again we sincerely apologize to you and your loved ones.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Older building in need of current upgrades including a working elevator. If you stay upgrade to a beach facing room which has A/C. Sadly our room was facing the parking and pull in area so we were subjected to continuous idling engines, delivery truck and garbage truck noises.

A rickety ceiling fan and unsteady floor fan was all that kept us cool. Double beds too small for two people.

Budget friendly but would not stay again. Purported "beach front" was more of a "bog" then a sandy beach and not conducive to sunbathing out front of the hotel itself.

Room Tip: Select a beachfront room with A/C. Also do not expect to just stroll out to the beach from the hotel...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We got to our room on the backside of hotel in the heat of an August day to NO air conditioning. The room was stuffy and hot. We went down to the front desk and asked how to work the air and was told there was NO air conditioning in the units on that side of the hotel and we should have asked for a room on the water side (first time there, how were we supposed to know to ask for an air conditioned room in August???) They did not have AARP or AAA discounts like the other hotels we stayed at. Meals in their hotel were expensive, but they did have gluten free which was a plus for me and my daughter. Not many places offer gluten free. The elevator was tempermental to say the least and you had to shout over the balcony to have an elevator operator come up to get us and return us to ground floor every time you wanted to go somewhere, we were on the 2nd floor.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask questions you wouldnt normally ask when you call to make a reservation.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackie R

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The lift didn't work, the room had no aircon, the substitute fan was faulty, the food was 2 star quality for 4 star price. We booked this room 8 months ago and were allocated an awful room, even though we checked in long before many other guests. We cannot recomnend this place at all. Don't stay here. If you you're already booked in - change it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

On behalf of the Quality Resort Bayside we apologize for not exceeding your expectations. The family owned business is determined to make the guests' stay a positive experience and working towards renovating the property (including A/C for all the rooms, not just the ocean view rooms). SInce it is an older property, the elevator parts were hard to track down, however, very recently finally had success. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had reserved one night in a King Suite for 3 of us. The room had a separate bedroom with a sofa bed in the living and a fridge and microwave. When we got to our room, it had 2 queen beds. I went to the desk and was told that they did not have a King Suite available, as they were fully booked. The desk staff were unapologetic and basically said that 2 queen beds were the same as a bed and a sofa and that we got the ocean few we wanted. She also said that they didn't have any kings beds, although their website clearly states that they do. This certainly was not how we wanted to begin our stay. The other problem that we encountered is that the party travelling with us booked a room on the non ocean side. As it turns out, that side does not have air conditioning. Their room was stifling. The hotel was clean, although worn and the restaurant was decent. Unfortunately, the total experience was marred by the first 5 minutes. I don't think we would return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank K-Towner101

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parksville
Travelodge Parksville
#2 of 13 in Parksville
Sandcastle Inn
Sandcastle Inn
#11 of 13 in Parksville

Been to Quality Resort Bayside? Share your experiences!