“Beyond wonderful”

Adventuress Sea Kayaking
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Parksville
More attraction details
Owner description: Come paddle with Adventuress Sea Kayaking! The scenery is spectacular here with mountain vistas, old growth rainforests, expansive wilderness and our amazing wildlife. What better way to see all of this than to paddle the shores of beautiful Vancouver Island, Canada in a kayak. Rentals, lessons, tours, and multi-day adventures are available from March to September. Tours start as low as $52/person and include instruction, kayak and gear, dry bags and a certified guide; no experience necessary. Double kayaks are available to paddle with a friend or a younger family member. Jan Kretz, the owner, is a certified kayak guide and Paddle Canada instructor. She teaches introductory lessons, as well as full day certified courses. Jan has a Passion for Paddling; come join us!
Saskatoon
“Beyond wonderful”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I had two days to spend on Vancouver Island and chose Adventuress Sea Kayaking as our main activity for our get-away. The web site gave us great information and what we experienced was exactly what was offered. The booking was easy and Jan responded to us very promptly. After booking, we received an information package that answered every question I had. Having never kayaked before, I had many!

Jan met us warmly and got us all kitted up for our two-hour Sea Lion tour. The safety instructions were thorough and I felt safe and in really good hands. Jan gave us a super on-shore kayaking lesson and I felt confident even as a beginner.

All that is really really important but what happened next was magical. It was a chilly October morning. It was a misty, almost foggy gray day and the water was as still as glass. We paddled along the shore and across the bay in the misty stillness breathing in the wonderful sea air and just letting go and totally living in the beauty of the moment.

Jan gave the history of the area, the names of the islands and points along the shore as well as finding and pointing out all the sea creatures along the way. The sea lions were absolute amazing. We couldn't get over their numbers and the size of them all! We got an added bonus as many of them accompanied us as we paddled away from their haul out and out of the bay. Jan also took time to let us enjoy the silence and peace of the day.

I highly recommend Jan and Adventuress Sea Kayaking. It was beyond wonderful and a day I will always treasure.

Visited October 2013

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Kayaking adventure”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Hello Jan
I wanted to thank you very much for a spectacular day of kayaking a couple of weekends ago. I was part of great trip you led from the Kingfisher. I appreciated your instruction and strong attention to safety. It was a pleasure being on that trip and I just wanted to let you know.

My friend Alana and I had such a great time laughing at the back with Charlotte (our guide) that day. She is a great guide and so down to earth. Our stomachs hurt and our faces ached from laughing so hard as we shared all of these wildlife experiences on our trip back.

The shot of the sea lion was taken over my shoulder blindly trying to get a photo!
Thanks again for a very special day!

Warmly,
Tara Hayden

Visited October 2013
Portland, Oregon
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“excellent kayak trip”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

my husband and I went w/ jan and 2 other clients on a smooth, sunny day in early sept. the 2 hour trip was serene. talking to jan and hearing her stories was great! this was a highite of our trip and we'd like to do a longer trip w/ her in the future!

Visited September 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Gulf Islands Getaway”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Awesome! Jan provides more than a simple kayaking trip; it is a complete experience (helped by amazing views - including seeing bald headed eagles soaring over our heads). She is an amazing hostess and guide. Just like Mary Poppins, her bag (for that read 'stores'!) are never ending and full of gorgeous food to satisfy the needs of hard-working kayakers.

Jan is great company and made the trip an memorable an 'epic' experience! My husband is a fairly experienced kayaker but this was really my first time out and I felt perfectly safe and supported at all times.
Next time we holiday in BC, our priority will be to book another trip with Adventuress Sea Kayaking! Thanks for a great introduction to BC and a wonderful experience!

Visited August 2013
Pontypool, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Perfect conditions”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

A great place to Kayak with harbour seals and sea lions swimming alongside! Only small criticism is that my rudder didn't work and so I had to manually steer. I was the only one this affected and I'm sure it will be corrected.

Visited September 2013