“Nothing short of amazing”
Review of La Vida Vegan - CLOSED

La Vida Vegan
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Mexican, Healthy, Fast food, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: La Vida Vegan is a vegan & vegetarian restaurant with a focus on healthy whole foods. We serve burritos, tacos, tamales, soups, smoothies, fresh juices, coffee, tea & more. We have a very wide range of gluten free items.
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We'll I can't say enough good things about this place! Sheila and Oz are so warm and welcoming and not only does it show in the atmosphere but in the food too! I don't think I could choose just one thing I love but tacos and tamales are high on my list. After being given a sample of soup I was sold on that too! I love that I can take home frozen soups and tamales to satisfy my cravings at home! Yumm some of the best food I've ever eaten! Ps try the hot chocolate!!!!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Another year roles by and I am still visiting La Vida Vegan when I get a chance to visit Parksville.
They now have an expanded menu which serves to further sate ones appetite with thier excellent food. A walk down by the river or along the foreshore to work up a good appetite then off to La Vida Vegan for Taco's and Tamales for a quick nutritious lunch followed by a fresh mixed veggie drink of your choice, the only way to go. Great couple Oz and Sheila and not to forget their child Ava who is fast approaching her first birthday this coming summer who make this a true family business which reflects in the atmosphere when you walk in the door and as I mentioned before if they know you that extra little touch of just the right amount of salsa or fermented veggies just the way you like it makes the visit a real treat.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stopped here for lunch today and shared the bean burrito and the veggie tamale. The flavours were incredible, fresh and delicious. I can't say enough good things about this cute little spot. Everything homemade, from scratch and bursting with flavour and the service was amazingly fast and the owners so friendly.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I are neither vegan nor vegetarian, but we eat gluten-free, which can be a challenge when you’re away from home. I found this little restaurant reviewed on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try, as they avoid the ingredients we try to steer clear of.

They were sold out of tamales on our first visit, so we went with tacos – one bean, one veggie – and raw pizza. Everything was delicious and surprisingly filling, considering that the portions are not very big. The pizza was particularly tasty – a crunchy crust made of buckwheat and sunflower seeds, topped with a veggie pate and shredded raw veggies. We ate inside that day. The restaurant is small but bright and cheery, with limited seating.

The food was so good we decided to return a bit earlier the next day to snag tamales – again, bean and veggie are the fillings on offer – along with another pizza, and because it was such a lovely day, we ordered takeout and headed to the beach. We also tried the raw chocolate truffles and the raw chewy bar, both winners. Pizza is $7; tacos and tamales are in the $3.50-$4.50 range.

I look forward to eating here again next time we’re in Parksville. If you’re not familiar with the location, just look out for Shoppers Drug Mart on the highway. The restaurant is on the street directly behind it.

1  Thank Tripsterchick
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Though there is a limited menu, every bite screams flavour and quality. The drink menu is both healthy & delicious. Definitely a hidden gem.

1  Thank Peas2Nuts