“Ocean Sands Resort Stay”
Review of Ocean Sands Resort

Ocean Sands Resort
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Parksville
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Well, we lucked into a great sale on a stay at this family run resort. The managers were so friendly and helpful - that alone was worth it - lovely people. Our room was simple but clean and adequate - lovely view - beautiful beach. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: great view and access to beach.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank s0lsen
There are newer reviews for Ocean Sands Resort

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My home away from home while visiting the Island. My 2nd stay. Both rooms were excellent accomodation with Ocean view and all amenities. Assigned parking for units and very helpful and pleasant staff. Will be my choice again for certain.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jack B
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife had previously as part of conference and volunteered to book us for a little getaway.
I had previously stayed in Parksville at a variety of resorts and locations. I was a little skeptical put pleasantly surprised. The Units are all well kept and nicely furnished with most of the modern conveniences. The unit we stayed in on the ground floor had a BBQ which was great. These units are not ultra deluxe but they simple yet comfortable. The beach is a short walk down a rank and easily accessible. The view from our unit was just awesome. THe owners are very friendly and really take care to make you feel welcome. Free wifi and you can go the office to ask for more supplies of coffee and hot chocolate all at no cost. The kitchens are well equipped and the beds are very comfortable. The units have fireplaces with remote control and modern HD TV with cable.
There is a pool on site and sauna although at this time of year (April) we did not use or look at it
For the price and the quality it is hard to go wrong

Room Tip: Unit 309 had a great view and a BBQ on its patio
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cicero12
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights during Spring Break, with young kids. We were impressed with how updated, spacious and well-equipped our unit was. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, and accommodated our request to switch to a ground floor unit. We were also pleasantly surprised to have an ocean view, even though it was classified as a pool view. The close proximity to the beach was great. I liked that we could borrow movies from the office, and I noticed there were beach toys for the kids as well. Excellent place to stay for the value. I would definitely stay here again and would also recommend it to my friends with children.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We have been very pleased to have stayed at Ocean Sands the last 4 winters and had told a friend last summer so they decided to stay there this winter and asked how we'd found such a great place. All you have to do is bring your clothes and food & is very well equipped. Very close to shopping etc. Only steps away from the beach.
Christie and Darcy are very friendly and helpful.
Only problem was leaving the plants that were in flower and came home to wait 2 months for ours to get started:)

Room Tip: We like the best view rooms close to the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen K
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed at Ocean Sands Resort while I was attending a seminar. The room suited me perfectly - I only regret that I did not have more time to enjoy it. Beautiful view of the ocean and I could hear the waves landing on the beach. It was just great! And an amazing rate for off season! Thanks so much.

Room Tip: I stayed in 309A and loved it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Enjoyed our one bedroom ocean view suite, but it was a bit noisy from upstairs guests so next time we will stay in an ocean view 3rd floor. but otherwise all was fabulous! There was tons of room and the kitchen was well equipped. Weather was great and ocean was beautiful... remember your rubber boots to really walk on the low tide beach.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parksville
Quality Resort Bayside
Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
#4 of 13 in Parksville

Been to Ocean Sands Resort? Share your experiences!