Best Western Plus Baker Street Inn & Convention Centre
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Nelson
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Good Service (all be it a big slow......but that seems to be a Nelson thing....they are on Island time), comfortable rooms that are very large......I mean like Condo big rooms. WiFi was good, desk, big couch and tv all were perfect. Rooms facing the street get a lot of sun so put on that A/C or your room will roast. Nice to see a fridge to keep your drinks cool. Didnt venture to their restaurant but the location is at the end of the business area of Nelson and only blocks away from everything.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street get a lot of sun so put on that A/C or your room will roast

Reviewed 10 June 2012

I have stayed here a few times now on business and always look forward to my stay here. The rooms I have had are modern, spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff has always been helpfull and accomodating and the restaurant has great food as well but no breakfast is included. Perfectly located on Baker Street gives you the opportunity to take a walk at anytime and find an adventure.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I don't like adjoining rooms so I requested a change and they promptly switched me to a new room. the room was spacious, super clean, which is most important to me, and had a microwave, fridge and desk - i think most if not all of their rooms have these amenities. Brenda at the front desk was particularly helpful and friendly - she is what front desk staff should model. Never a "no" or a negative. Location is fabulous, housekeeping is impeccable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
humehotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Baker Street Inn & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Thanks for the wonderful feedback and for mentioning Brenda. She is the newest member of our team and is doing a fantastic job. I will be sure to share your comments with her. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

The hotel is situated on the main street of this attractive town surrounded by wooded hills. Good reception, early check in. Nice rooms, well appointed, good beds and pillows. small bathrooms. There is a gym and hot tub which are good. Flat screen tv, internet comes and goes a bit. No free breakfast but ajoining restaurant is good, Hotel has it's own car parking across the street. There is short term parking at the front of the hotel for loading/unloading.

Room Tip: There is a lift and views from most rooms
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank dunera
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I often stay at this wonderful hotel while on business. The front desk are always very warm,knowledgeable and courteous. The rooms are well appointed , very clean and feature very comfortable beds.
On this last trip, a couple in the room above me arrived home from the bar at 4 AM and were very loud, drunk and disruptive. I had contacted the front desk and they dealt with these inconsiderate guests(twice) . Upon check-out , I was asked how my stay was; I have been in the hotel industry myself in the past and realize that every once in a while, inconsiderate guests can be a big problem, (not the hotel's fault if they deal with it properly). I advised the inquiring front desk supervisor that i had been disturbed by the noise from the drunk yahoos in the room above--and the front desk immediately apologized profusely and offered a complimentary breakfast(i declined as I already ate) --or to waive my pet fee .
I had not expected to get anything so this gesture was much appreciated. They will continue to get my business! Well done!!

Reviewed 28 May 2012

This, by far, is the best hotel in the area, with both price and quality. My fiance and I have stayed there about ten plus times in the past year, often just as a nice get away (as we only live forty five minutes away). We spent the past three new years and the night of our engagement at this hotel and enjoyed wonderful room service each and every time.The staff is incredible and accomadating. Love the Sunday brunch at the Baker Street Grill!!

My only complaint-and this is minor, is the cash deposit policy that has recently doubled in the past year or so. From about $100 to $200 per night. As a result of having my credit card information stolen last year at a hotel, I usually choose to use a cash deposit when possible. Since we have stayed at this hotel and have never caused any problems (non partiers, non smokers, non drinkers,etc.),we were informed by one of the ladies at the front desk that we would not have to pay the full deposit during our next visit, however when we arrived that was not the case (as the front desk worker had NO idea who we were, so he was not to blame but I just wish this wasnt promised to us because it resulted in yet another trip to the atm before check in). Again, minor inconvienence, and we look forward to staying at the Best Western many times through the summer!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My wife and I only stayed overnight and we found our room clean and comfortable. The staff and management were friendly and accommodating in response to an special request that I had.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple